Wall street meltdown

Page 1 of 3123>
May 12th, 2022 at 12:04:10 PM permalink
missedhervee
Member since: Apr 23, 2021
Threads: 53
Posts: 2093
Wow, amazing to watch the meltdown.

Since skyscrapers no longer have windows that can open how then will suicidal investors off themselves?

My bet is guns and drugs, but hey, whatever it takes.

Capitalism: it's great until it isn't.
May 12th, 2022 at 12:08:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 156
Posts: 14475
If you look at the 5 year trend line, doesn't look so bad.
Pro-lifer eats meatball with entire human inside without noticing. "Yum Yum", he says.
May 12th, 2022 at 12:10:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 16620
Quote: missedhervee
Wow, amazing to watch the meltdown.

Since skyscrapers no longer have windows that can open how then will suicidal investors off themselves?

My bet is guns and drugs, but hey, whatever it takes.

Capitalism: it's great until it isn't.


Miss Trump yet?

See, when you have a government that is openly hostile to business this is what you get. Calls for higher taxes, more regulations for the sake of more regulations, blaming inflation on business "greed" when it is monetary policy.

You voted for it, you got it!
The President is a fink.
May 12th, 2022 at 12:12:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 156
Posts: 14475
Not Trump, Obama I miss.
Pro-lifer eats meatball with entire human inside without noticing. "Yum Yum", he says.
May 12th, 2022 at 12:25:30 PM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 22
Posts: 9564
Quote: AZDuffman
Miss Trump yet?


Nope!

Quote:
You voted for it, you got it!


Yep!
A straight man will not go for kids. - AZDuffman
May 12th, 2022 at 1:36:57 PM permalink
missedhervee
Member since: Apr 23, 2021
Threads: 53
Posts: 2093
Quote: AZDuffman
Miss Trump yet?



What?

Are you implying I took a shot at him?

I never would do that; yapping my gums about how I loathe him suffices; no Oswald moment for me, no thanks.
May 12th, 2022 at 1:41:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 16620
Quote: missedhervee
What?

Are you implying I took a shot at him?


No. Just that the market started booming the day he took over. I met business owners who said the phones started ringing literally the week of his election.

Now we are in malaise.
The President is a fink.
May 12th, 2022 at 1:53:26 PM permalink
missedhervee
Member since: Apr 23, 2021
Threads: 53
Posts: 2093
Quote: AZDuffman
No. Just that the market started booming the day he took over. I met business owners who said the phones started ringing literally the week of his election.

Now we are in malaise.


I believe this to be true.

Trump was all pro-business, screw the environment.

Biden and the (shudder) progressives are the opposite.

So yeah, of course big business favored Trump.

But at what cost to the quality of life for our kids, grandkids and beyond?

Do we really want to bequeath them a polluted, hot, ugly country?

Sure it hurts to switch from focusing on business to the environment, but it ain't about us, it's about the future.

(easy for me to say, I already made my pile of dough)
May 12th, 2022 at 2:05:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 16620
Quote: missedhervee
I believe this to be true.

Trump was all pro-business, screw the environment.


Yes on first part, no on second.

Quote:
But at what cost to the quality of life for our kids, grandkids and beyond?

Do we really want to bequeath them a polluted, hot, ugly country?


The country is none of that and was not under Trump. You are just taking the liberal position of thinking writing regulations to write regulations is a good thing.

The environment is doing fine.
The President is a fink.
May 12th, 2022 at 2:10:16 PM permalink
missedhervee
Member since: Apr 23, 2021
Threads: 53
Posts: 2093
Quote: AZDuffman
The country is none of that and was not under Trump. You are just taking the liberal position of thinking writing regulations to write regulations is a good thing.


Bwa ha ha

Read it and weep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_policy_of_the_Donald_Trump_administration
Page 1 of 3123>