Should drugs be decriminalized?

Page 3 of 3<123
August 25th, 2022 at 3:23:17 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
August 26th, 2022 at 7:36:42 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
I don’t buy the argument that legalizing a drug won’t lead to more users.

But also, legalizing anything is going to make it safer. It doesn’t matter if it’s opioids or raw milk.

Fent laced drugs aren’t that different of a situation as bathtub gin from prohibition.
August 26th, 2022 at 8:07:10 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: gamerfreak

But also, legalizing anything is going to make it safer. It doesn’t matter if it’s opioids or raw milk.

Fent laced drugs aren’t that different of a situation as bathtub gin from prohibition.

So following your logic you should be able to buy anything in the world you want, period.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 26th, 2022 at 8:15:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Legal things are the only things that get regulated. So, it is safer when Walter White isn't making drugs in his trailer. (although he was at least giving people their money's worth in quality)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 26th, 2022 at 9:32:06 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: kenarman
So following your logic you should be able to buy anything in the world you want, period.

I didn’t comment on what should or shouldn’t be illegal. Only that making something high in demand illegal (like drugs) is going to make that product far more dangerous to acquire and consume.

If recreational opioids were legal and controlled, I believe there would be significantly less opioid related deaths.
August 26th, 2022 at 11:25:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
One reason I don’t like fentanyl is it’s too easy to murder people. Every time you hear about an OD people probably think the person was a user. Not necessarily.

Some random person could wave their hand over your plate of food, and you probably wouldn’t even notice it on there. I’m not against someone wanting to use it, though I think it’s a bad idea to flirt with any powerful addictive drug for recreational purposes.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 26th, 2022 at 5:54:13 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
One reason I don’t like fentanyl is it’s too easy to murder people. Every time you hear about an OD people probably think the person was a user. Not necessarily.

Some random person could wave their hand over your plate of food, and you probably wouldn’t even notice it on there. I’m not against someone wanting to use it, though I think it’s a bad idea to flirt with any powerful addictive drug forho recreational purposes.

Reminds me of the Bride who laced her Wedding Guests' food with Marijuana without their consent or even acknowledgement. She and the Caterer were arrested when multiple Guests reported to Police that they felt confused and disoriented and scared after eating at the Wedding. The Bride has a crazy look on her face, smiling like a Deranged Madwoman. The Caterer has this much more normal looking face like," Holy crap! I'm in big trouble!" Like most people who got arrested should look like.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
August 27th, 2022 at 3:05:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: gamerfreak

"Safer" does not mean it is a good idea. You cannot make heroin "safe." You can just make sure it is a pure product.
The President is a fink.
August 27th, 2022 at 10:47:28 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Some folks who start by smokeing pot will of course move on to stronger drugs, just as some drinkers become alcoholics, some consumers become profligate overspenders, and some posters become chronic BS artists.
Page 3 of 3<123