What's the difference deregulating big business like banking or bitcoin vs small business?

Page 1 of 212>
November 18th, 2022 at 12:58:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Answer: the size of the damage done to the public.

Regulation is good. Figuring out what to regulate and what not to is the only issue with each entity.

Yelling "deregulate" is as bad as "defund the police".
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 18th, 2022 at 1:35:57 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
Answer: the size of the damage done to the public.

Regulation is good. Figuring out what to regulate and what not to is the only issue with each entity.

Yelling "deregulate" is as bad as "defund the police".

That is a brilliant answer.

People often conflate "regulation" to mean any rule that they don't like.
November 18th, 2022 at 1:37:02 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Did you just start a thread asking a question and answer it yourself? I think there’s a word for people like that, starts with an “n” and ends with a “t”.
November 18th, 2022 at 2:00:37 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
That is a brilliant answer.

People often conflate "regulation" to mean any rule that they don't like.

OTOH, people think "regulations" solve a problem and the more regulations the more productive the government is.
The President is a fink.
November 18th, 2022 at 3:05:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: rquiredusername
Did you just start a thread asking a question and answer it yourself? I think there’s a word for people like that, starts with an “n” and ends with a “t”.

neurobiologist?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 21st, 2022 at 4:26:04 AM permalink
Tanko
Consultant to the top Fortune companies tells me his clients are moving operations overseas due to 'taxes and regulations'.

“Year One”: Assessing the Biden Regulatory Record Against Recent Administrations'

'The Biden Administration capped off its first full year in office with more than $201 billion in regulatory costs and 131 million hours in new annual paperwork, putting it far ahead of the two immediately preceding administrations’ respective first years by a wide margin.'

November 21st, 2022 at 5:44:59 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Consultant to the top Fortune companies tells me his clients are moving operations overseas due to 'taxes and regulations'.

Yup
Take FTX
They moved to the Bahamas due to all the US regulations. This way they can rip off millions of customers.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 21st, 2022 at 6:58:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: terapined

Yup
Take FTX
They moved to the Bahamas due to all the US regulations. This way they can rip off millions of customers.

Sure, and you have to find a balance between regulation and economic freedom. We can solve the crime Tanko is always complaining about by going completely overboard. Just accuse everyone and violate everyone's civil rights and fill the jails.

Nah, I suspect he doesn't want to experience the effects of being grabbed by unregulated police and go to jail just for looking funny. I assume he actually wants more balance.

People working is good. People making Apple products with suicide nets outside their workplace because too many workers go nuts with almost constant work is overboard.
November 21st, 2022 at 1:42:54 PM permalink
Tanko
Regulation is necessary. Especially when it comes to the banks.

Too much regulation leads to loss of industry, loss of jobs, and higher prices. Who do you think is paying for the more than $200 billion in additional regulatory costs, imposed by Biden?

As for crime, we didn’t have anywhere near the current levels when Bloomberg and Rudy were our Mayors.

So called ‘progressives’ do a lot of damage.

At least most of the people getting killed and raped and getting their asses kicked along with their kids, are the ones who voted for the liberal politicians.

Next time I post a crime video, I will post it under "Lib gets ass kicked."
November 21st, 2022 at 1:53:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Regulation is necessary. Especially when it comes to the banks.

Too much regulation leads to loss of industry, loss of jobs, and higher prices. Who do you think is paying for the more than $200 billion in additional regulatory costs, imposed by Biden?

As for crime, we didn’t have anywhere near the current levels when Bloomberg and Rudy were our Mayors.

So called ‘progressives’ do a lot of damage.

At least most of the people getting killed and raped and getting their asses kicked along with their kids, are the ones who voted for the liberal politicians.

Next time I post a crime video, I will post it under "Lib gets ass kicked."

Sure, I'll post conservatives accidently shooting themselves or their kids with guns.

Seriously, post whatever you want under whatever title you want.
Page 1 of 212>