No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (50%)
1 vote (50%)

2 members have voted

January 5th, 2023 at 1:40:14 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
You can vote in the poll, I already did. The question to vote on is, how do you feel about female announcers in Men's sports?

The NY Times had an article in 2017 it looks like, that I just caught up with, see below. You don't see much about it, but it's a problem for me now with the NHL: female announcers are all over the place. The article says men don't like them in sports generally, but I happen to know a lot of women fans don't like them either.

With football, it seems to be under control, there's just a bit of it. In the NHL network broadcasts I get, it's rampant!

I don't care what people think about my attitude, but I have to admit it puzzles me some that I can't get over it. I try, really I do! I mean, not watching the games for the reason I don't like the announcer isn't good. I'm damned if I can get over it though. I just mute the sound most of the time. So as far as being a hopeless sexist, guilty as charged in this category anyway.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/safest-bet-in-sports-men-complaining-about-a-female-announcers-voice/2337805/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 5th, 2023 at 2:07:05 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: odiousgambit
You can vote in the poll, I already did. The question to vote on is, how do you feel about female announcers in Men's sports?

The NY Times had an article in 2017 it looks like, that I just caught up with, see below. You don't see much about it, but it's a problem for me now with the NHL: female announcers are all over the place. The article says men don't like them in sports generally, but I happen to know a lot of women fans don't like them either.

With football, it seems to be under control, there's just a bit of it. In the NHL network broadcasts I get, it's rampant!

I don't care what people think about my attitude, but I have to admit it puzzles me some that I can't get over it. I try, really I do! I mean, not watching the games for the reason I don't like the announcer isn't good. I'm damned if I can get over it though. I just mute the sound most of the time. So as far as being a hopeless sexist, guilty as charged in this category anyway.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/safest-bet-in-sports-men-complaining-about-a-female-announcers-voice/2337805/

There is a particular female announcer that did Big Ten football games that just made me cringe. Sadly, I do not recall her name but I turn off the sound when she is calling a game.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.