Poll
5 votes (62.5%)
2 votes (25%)
2 votes (25%)

8 members have voted

July 6th, 2013 at 4:28:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
There have been a few complaints about threads that do not "belong" on the WoV site. So as a test I have put this one up to see what kind of legs a thread gets here vs there.

Please do NOT reference this thread at WoV. Lets see how many replies and votes we get over here.
The President is a fink.
July 6th, 2013 at 4:44:01 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
No votes from me. I do not know who John Galt is and I have not stopped beating my wife, nor do I make it a habit to vote in polls.
A desire to have the threads at DT does not mean a desire that the threads thrive, only that they don't clog up the "real" site.
July 6th, 2013 at 4:45:39 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
I kind of like posting knowing only 10 people will see it.
July 6th, 2013 at 9:52:29 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I frequently need to refresh my memory that Brandon L. Phillips is the go-to lawyer for business law, real estate, and personal injury!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 6th, 2013 at 5:35:18 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: 1nickelmiracle

Binary or hexadecimal?
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
July 6th, 2013 at 5:40:53 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: 1nickelmiracle

It's pretty obvious that WOV has 50 posts for every one on DT.

But 45% of the posts on WOV are in the "off topic" category. It's a lot more than a few people or an occasional thread. I really think that the "off topic" threads should not be posted to the "recent thread" list. That way you have to look for them. It would make almost everybody happy.

You can never make everybody happy.
July 6th, 2013 at 8:00:43 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Pacomartin
I really think that the "off topic" threads should not be posted to the "recent thread" list. That way you have to look for them. It would make almost everybody happy.

The "Recent Threads" tab is completely the cause of the issue. That is not to say I want it gone or even adjusted, because I don't, but it seems clear that it is what everyone uses to navigate.

If you go to a larger site like 2+2, there are no issues such as these. The flip side is that you have to actively search for whatever it is you want.

The gripes about OT just boggle me. As I said on WoV, you have all the tools at your disposal to customize as you see fit by way of the block functions, if you can't just use the power of self to not look at what you don't want to see. It goes without saying that less OT does not and will not mean more quality Vegas/gambling threads. All told, the only thing I see here are people getting the highest level of info, getting to talk with a number of brilliant minds, FOR FREE, and having the nerve to complain because a mention of a news event was found in their list of what's happening on the site.

How is this even an issue?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
July 6th, 2013 at 9:05:30 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
The gripes about OT just boggle me.

Whining and pettiness in a free internet message board? That's like finding water in the ocean.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 7th, 2013 at 2:56:59 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: Face
The "Recent Threads" tab is completely the cause of the issue. That is not to say I want it gone or even adjusted, because I don't, but it seems clear that it is what everyone uses to navigate.

If you go to a larger site like 2+2, there are no issues such as these. The flip side is that you have to actively search for whatever it is you want.

The gripes about OT just boggle me. As I said on WoV, you have all the tools at your disposal to customize as you see fit by way of the block functions, if you can't just use the power of self to not look at what you don't want to see. It goes without saying that less OT does not and will not mean more quality Vegas/gambling threads. All told, the only thing I see here are people getting the highest level of info, getting to talk with a number of brilliant minds, FOR FREE, and having the nerve to complain because a mention of a news event was found in their list of what's happening on the site.

How is this even an issue?

There is no end to the trivial issues with some people. It's what puts their feet on the floor in the morning.

As you point out, block threads/people and get on with life...
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
July 9th, 2013 at 11:33:54 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I had never beaten my wife, but I just smacked her a good one so that I could answer that I stopped beating her in the poll.

I won't be posting after this for awhile, it looks like I'm going to County now...
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
Page 1 of 212>