Gates & Buffett Tag Team Theory

March 18th, 2023 at 5:53:29 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 31
The great economic bridge card game.

Gates runs the climate change scam mechanism.

Buffett finances them.

So now the banks own a bunch of climate change garbage in their portfolios that are underwater.

What do you think of the theory?

In other words, how much will the American public pay this time?

-------------------------------------------------

Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are still playing bridge at home during the pandemic

May 20 2020

Billionaires Bill Gates, 64, and Warren Buffett, 89, like to keep their minds sharp with bridge, a card game that requires strategy and brainpower.

Buffett predicts that he plays the game close to eight hours a week, enough to hone the skill to the point where he can typically beat Gates. “I probably play 100 times as often as Bill, so that probably is the only game in the world where I would have a slight edge with him,” Buffett told CNBC’s Becky Quick in a 2019 interview on “Squawk Box.”

“Very slight edge,” he added.

The longtime friends are still playing at home amid the coronavirus pandemic. “We don’t get together in person now that we’re sheltering in place, but we still play online,” Gates writes on his blog. “There are lots of great options out there, including this guide to learning the game, and the online platform that Warren and I play on, which is called Bridge Base.”
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/20/how-bill-gates-and-warren-buffett-are-keeping-busy-during-the-pandemic.html

-------------------------------------------------------
March 18th, 2023 at 7:27:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
How many threads do you need to create based on articles that are from 2020?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 18th, 2023 at 7:48:53 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: ams288
How many threads do you need to create based on articles that are from 2020?

I'm establishing a friendly social connection between the two, in the case a person didn't know.

It dawned on me the other day, about Warren increasing his stake in OXY.

It didn't make sense to me for a long time.

But each quarter he'd increase his stake.

Why would a man buy controlling shares in a fossil fuel firm when they're supposedly bad for the environment?

It just didn't sit right with me.

Until I figured it out.

It's either a hedge for the climate change scam or cover for the climate change scam or we're getting ready to go to war (WWIII).

Everyone knows we need oil to go to war.

Then Biden begins to drill in Alaska.
March 18th, 2023 at 8:20:17 PM permalink
DoubleGold
All the banks (not just 186) are in trouble because of climate change financing being baked in.

That'd explain why financial executive jets were seen flying into Omaha all of the sudden, reports say.

-------------------------------------------

Study finds 186 banks vulnerable to SVB-like collapse

The study created a scenario where half of 186 banks' depositors withdrew their funds

March 18, 2023

A new study says that, depending on certain market conditions, nearly 200 U.S. banks could be vulnerable to the same fate as Silicon Valley Bank (SVB).

A recent Social Science Research Network study suggests that 186 American banks could fail if half of their depositors suddenly withdrew their funds. The researchers formulated a speculative scenario in which each bank experienced a run, and concluded that the FDIC would run out of money.

The study was published shortly after the collapse of SVB, the worst American financial institution failure since 2008.

"Our calculations suggest these banks are certainly at a potential risk of a run, absent other government intervention or recapitalization," the economists wrote.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/study-finds-186-banks-vulnerable-svb-like-collapse

------------------------------------------

PS: It's OK to believe in climate change.

Be conservative and frugal with the environment.

But good Lord, don't put ESG constraints on economic bank books. LOL
March 18th, 2023 at 8:43:24 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
They played games online together during the pandemic? I don't understand what this is trying to prove?
March 19th, 2023 at 3:25:36 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: Gandler
They played games online together during the pandemic? I don't understand what this is trying to prove?

They've known each other since 1991 when Bill's mother introduced them.

The link in the OP establishes that they're billionaire bridge buddies but I might could have located one 30 years old.

-------------------------------------

The 10 Richest People in the World

March 11, 2023
4. Bill Gates
He joined Berkshire Hathaway’s board in 2004. He stepped down from both boards on March 13, 2020.
5. Warren Buffett
Between 2006 and 2020, he gave away $41 billion—mostly to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and his children’s charities. Buffett launched the Giving Pledge alongside Bill Gates in 2010.
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/012715/5-richest-people-world.asp

--------------------------------------------

Elon Musk Says ESG Is a ‘Scam.’ Why He May Have a Point.

May 24, 2022
The detached observer might ask, if Tesla isn’t fit for an ESG grouping of companies, then who is? The nondetached Musk just tweeted, “ESG is a scam. It has been weaponized by phony social justice warriors.”
https://www.barrons.com/articles/elon-musk-tesla-esg-51653336436

ESG investing is a ‘complete fraud,’ Chamath Palihapitiya says

FEB 26 2020
“Complete fraud,” “joke,” “jargon,” “so ridiculous,” were among the choice words Social Capital founder and CEO Chamath Palihapitiya used to describe the growing ESG movement.

“These are useful statements. It’s great marketing. But again it’s a lot of sizzle, no steak,” he said Wednesday on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/26/chamath-palihapitiya-esg-investing-is-a-complete-fraud.html
March 19th, 2023 at 4:05:41 AM permalink
DoubleGold
The first link is Trump pulling out of the Paris Accord and the second is Biden rejoining it.

It's based upon the idea that CO2 is bad for the environment while CO2 is good for plants.

Then the carbon trading, like the value of a carbon contract is worth money so it can offset liabilities on accounting books.

---------------------------------------

Climate change: US formally withdraws from Paris agreement

4 November 2020
After a three-year delay, the US has become the first nation in the world to formally withdraw from the Paris climate agreement.
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-54797743

------------------------------------------

US rejoins Paris accord: Biden's first act sets tone for ambitious approach

19 February 2021
Coming back to Paris means the US will once again have to follow the rules.
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-55732386

Carbon offsets are a scam

10 November 2021

Carbon offsetting is truly a scammer’s dream scheme.

It’s a bookkeeping trick intended to obscure climate wrecking-emissions. It’s tree planting window dressing aimed at distracting from ecosystem destruction.

It is the next big thing in greenwashing — and we must not be fooled.
https://www.greenpeace.org/international/story/50689/carbon-offsets-net-zero-greenwashing-scam/

------------------------------------------------
March 19th, 2023 at 6:49:24 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DoubleGold
In other words, how much will the American public pay this time?

So far, $300 billion over the past week. Could go higher than $2 trillion.

1yr yield already down 96 basis points since March 8.

10yr yield down from 4.08% to 3.39%.

Lower Treasury yields hurt Social Security and Medicare, since SS Trust funds are invested entirely in US Treasuries.
March 19th, 2023 at 7:54:26 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: Tanko
So far, $300 billion over the past week. Could go higher than $2 trillion.

1yr yield already down 96 basis points since March 8.

10yr yield down from 4.08% to 3.39%.

Lower Treasury yields hurt Social Security and Medicare, since SS Trust funds are invested entirely in US Treasuries.

Chart goes back to the year 1870.

Recent rates were lows.

Biden injected over $6T at low rates.

So now rates are jumping and principle is falling, banks want help again because they don't know how to manage risk or they don't care.

The bankers know how to create fear, so the gullible Congress will agree.

And if Congress doesn't bailout the banks, they'll go around Congress.

--------------------------------

10 Year Treasury Rate

Mar 17, 2023

https://www.multpl.com/10-year-treasury-rate

-------------------------------

PS: I'd expect another test of the lows, or close to the lows.

Ideally, I'd like to see a reversion to the low, but not all the way.

So that'll give banks a little breathing room.

But then after that, it'll likely rip upward and away like a jolt of lightening on steroids.