Poll
No votes (0%)
1 vote (100%)
No votes (0%)

1 member has voted

June 21st, 2023 at 5:24:35 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
It's completely absurd and stupid to believe social media has anything to do with determining a person's sexuality.
Gays and Trans have always existed throughout human history since the dawn of time
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 21st, 2023 at 6:55:57 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I'd vote except you like to mess up your polls. I'll be charitable and say it's your sense of humor

I think you are ignoring that:

* internet/smartphone social media is new
* sexuality used to mean whether you were sexually attracted to males or females
* now it can mean you think you are, or are not, what you were born, perhaps retaining 'straight' sexual attraction when wanting to trans-gender yourself
* social media can make someone whose unhappy for any assortment of reasons focus instead on gender dysphoria and make them think they've got to do something about it. The younger they are, the more vulnerable, and especially girls now
* this idea that a youngster's concerns about gender has to be affirmed immediately is pure radical advocacy ... being advanced also by greedy opportunists
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 21st, 2023 at 7:24:39 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: odiousgambit
I'd vote except you like to mess up your polls. I'll be charitable and say it's your sense of humor

* sexuality used to mean whether you were sexually attracted to males or females
* now it can mean you think you are, or are not, what you were born, perhaps retaining 'straight' sexual attraction when wanting to trans-gender yourself
* social media can make someone whose unhappy for any assortment of reasons focus instead on gender dysphoria and make them think they've got to do something about it. The younger they are, the more vulnerable, and especially girls now
* this idea that a youngster's concerns about gender has to be affirmed immediately is pure radical advocacy ... being advanced also by greedy opportunists

What a bunch of BS
Social media has nothing to do with sexuality
Its all in the human brain
The human brain has always determined sexuality and always will
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 21st, 2023 at 7:32:11 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: odiousgambit

If by greedy opportunists you mean the doctors who do the surgery (and anesthesia….me!) my experience has been these docs were NOT politically active money hungry charlatans just trying to make a buck at the expense of these misinformed and gullible individuals. It was more ‘these people want a service that fits my skill set’. As I’ve stated before, there wasn’t a single individual that I took care of that didn’t seem 100% certain about their decision. It was ALWAYS a relief for them that their surgery day had arrived. Even if I think it is some sort of mental illness that steers someone to want to change their gender, I don’t think I should have the right to stop them from doing so. As discussed here, the issue for me is with children.
June 21st, 2023 at 8:54:21 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Kids should be exposed to stuff so they can learn. So exposed wires , stairwells, alcohol, WNBA basketball. let’s let them learn.
June 21st, 2023 at 9:08:32 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: SOOPOO
If by greedy opportunists you mean the doctors who do the surgery (and anesthesia….me!) my experience has been these docs were NOT politically active money hungry charlatans just trying to make a buck at the expense of these misinformed and gullible individuals. It was more ‘these people want a service that fits my skill set’.
I don't think doctors per se drive the greed, I don't think you, for example, got up in the morning saying the money was nice and hoping the system "brought some more". Now as for dentists ... well, I digress LOL

Quote:
As I’ve stated before, there wasn’t a single individual that I took care of that didn’t seem 100% certain about their decision. It was ALWAYS a relief for them that their surgery day had arrived. Even if I think it is some sort of mental illness that steers someone to want to change their gender, I don’t think I should have the right to stop them from doing so. As discussed here, the issue for me is with children.
Well, in case you missed it, I don't have an issue with adults either. A little concern with who pays for these things in the future.

The people who open up clinics for "gender affirming care" are the ones potentially just greedy and not in it for the right reasons. Not caring about the right approach to children in many cases, I have to think. I suppose a lot are doctors, but this is a different matter. If you google "clinics for gender affirming care in my area" look at all the stuff that comes up, below an example

https://www.hrc.org/resources/interactive-map-clinical-care-programs-for-gender-nonconforming-childr
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 21st, 2023 at 9:21:43 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Ay carumba!

Imagine having to deal with so many people telling you an invisible being tells you exactly how you’re supposed to live and hearing it as a child.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 21st, 2023 at 4:42:58 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
If by greedy opportunists you mean the doctors who do the surgery (and anesthesia….me!) my experience has been these docs were NOT politically active money hungry charlatans just trying to make a buck at the expense of these misinformed and gullible individuals. It was more ‘these people want a service that fits my skill set’. As I’ve stated before, there wasn’t a single individual that I took care of that didn’t seem 100% certain about their decision. It was ALWAYS a relief for them that their surgery day had arrived. Even if I think it is some sort of mental illness that steers someone to want to change their gender, I don’t think I should have the right to stop them from doing so. As discussed here, the issue for me is with children.

These are very complicated nuanced cases
Isn't this where the medical board steps in since they have far more expertise then legislators
I'm hardly an expert in these matters and would rather defer to experts in the field instead of ignorant laws against freedom
June 22nd, 2023 at 7:26:57 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Ay carumba!

Imagine having to deal with so many people telling you an invisible being tells you exactly how you’re supposed to live and hearing it as a child.

Let's have a rematch! We'll just win again, except we'll hopefully not make the mistake of letting any of them live this time.

How long have I been saying this? How long have I said Christianity, and Evangelical intolerance, is the #1 reason this country is in this condition? I have said this approximately my whole life. I could pull posts up (other sites) from perhaps twenty years ago, maybe twenty years.

I was right; I have always been right. It's about time others started to see it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 22nd, 2023 at 7:41:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
How long have I been saying this? How long have I said Christianity, and Evangelical intolerance, is the #1 reason this country is in this condition? I have said this approximately my whole life. I could pull posts up (other sites) from perhaps twenty years ago, maybe twenty years.

I was right; I have always been right. It's about time others started to see it.

Jesus spoke to me and told me you are wrong and there is nothing you can say to convince me otherwise!

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go bang my sibling.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 1 of 212>