Christmas Presents

December 16th, 2023 at 5:04:31 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
My wife asked for the most ridiculous Christmas present. She wants a new toilet seat for the master bathroom. I couldn't even make this up.

I have to admit it is a very practical gift. How can I make a toilet seat a good present. My only thought is to get a musical toilet seat that plays a song when you sit on it.

The question is, what song or what kind of song?

A couple of my thoughts are

1) a comedic song
2) an inspirational song
3) Fat Bottom Girls

I need some other suggestions.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 16th, 2023 at 5:30:43 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Get a Trump seat...you know, gold or gold-plated.

Otherwise, they make soft seats that she might appreciate.

My wife is easy to buy for as we decided long ago not to exchange xmas or birthday gifts, as we already have everything we want and need.

Does she gamble?

If so, stick state lottery tickets in her stocking.
December 16th, 2023 at 5:36:11 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: missedhervee
Get a Trump seat...you know, gold or gold-plated.

Otherwise, they make soft seats that she might appreciate.

My wife is easy to buy for as we decided long ago not to exchange xmas or birthday gifts, as we already have everything we want and need.

Does she gamble?

If so, stick state lottery tickets in her stocking.
gift for special occasions.

We are fortunate enough to also be able to get all practical things that we want. We still try to get each other a "thoughtful" gift for special occasions. Obviously if she really wanted a toilet seat she would go on Amazon and buy one with her AMEX. We will also buy each other a silly gift if we see something appropriate.

Many years ago we had a $20 limit for each other and no gift could cost more than $0.99. In other words we had to try and find 20 items at the 99 cent store. We got some real interesting gifts.
December 16th, 2023 at 7:17:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You can get her this one at Walmart. It's a camping toilet seat that fits on a 5 gallon bucket. You can even fancy it up, and put a ribbon and bow on it. One and done!

*Bucket sold separately.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 16th, 2023 at 7:50:06 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
My wife buys a ridiculous number of presents. Everyone in the world gets one, and closer family and friends multiple. I get away with not really having to buy her a defined present by some big expense ‘counting’ as a present. (Costa Rica trip, car, new hardwood floor, etc…) she will get me clothes for sure, then usually a few other things. I’m cheap. She’s not….
December 17th, 2023 at 2:43:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I get away with not really having to buy her a defined present by some big expense ‘counting’ as a present. (Costa Rica trip, car, new hardwood floor, etc…)

Dinner at Charlie the Butcher?
The President is a fink.
December 17th, 2023 at 3:28:41 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
OK, guys, here it is: the absolutely great gift to get for your wife, according to my wife... I got one and she sincerely loves it. I had overheard her talking to one of her friends about how they have them in spas and how great they are ... they were kind of assuming that you can't get one for the home, because no one had one.

a towel warmer
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 17th, 2023 at 2:39:00 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: odiousgambit
OK, guys, here it is: the absolutely great gift to get for your wife, according to my wife... I got one and she sincerely loves it. I had overheard her talking to one of her friends about how they have them in spas and how great they are ... they were kind of assuming that you can't get one for the home, because no one had one.

a towel warmer

I live in Florida, my wife would prefer a towel cooler.