Ryan Reynolds

July 22nd, 2013 at 1:33:21 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
So this Ryan Reynolds has a nice life. He's been acting since he was age 14. He is married to Scarlett Johansson, voted Sexiest Man Alive by people. Suddently he get tired of playing the romantic lead or the funny guy.

He gets one small supporting role in a Wolverine movie where he wields a sword, and suddenly they keep trying to make a Super-hero out of him.

Problem is he keeps bombing HUGE! I mean it is hard for movies to do much worse.
July 22nd, 2013 at 4:01:48 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
So tell him to cash his checks and never take a percentage of the profits because with his acting there won't be any profits.
July 22nd, 2013 at 4:17:08 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
He was good in Waiting and Van Wilder, both comedies playing the same character. He played his Ryan Reynolds character well early in his career, but I think I just got sick of it. It's quite an arrogant character and the actor himself was known to be a jerk, so I think I just want to avoid seeing him in movies no matter what they are.
July 27th, 2013 at 1:40:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
His next movie has just finished shooting and
he plays a father looking for his missing daughter.
This has only been done about 20 times in the
last 15 years. Shot in Canada, I have not heard
of one person connected with this movie. Ever.
Another bomb in the making.

I've only seen Reynolds in Proposal. He was snooty
and arrogant, which I understand he is in real life.
He was just playing himself. Lots of actors did this,
like John Wayne, Cary Grant, James Garner. What
you saw on screen was who they were pretty much.
None of them were snooty and arrogant, their careers
would have been very short if they were.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 27th, 2013 at 3:27:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Pacomartin
He gets one small supporting role in a Wolverine movie where he wields a sword, and suddenly they keep trying to make a Super-hero out of him.

Problem is he keeps bombing HUGE! I mean it is hard for movies to do much worse.

I think Scarlett Johansson is probably an A lister, so she might have gotten him an extra shot or two to get in a starring role.

But if he can't pull it off, he can't pull it off.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 28th, 2013 at 12:19:29 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
His next movie has just finished shooting and he plays a father looking for his missing daughter.
This has only been done about 20 times in the last 15 years. Shot in Canada, I have not heard
of one person connected with this movie. Ever. Another bomb in the making.

Well, the movie features Rosario Dawson who was in a couple of big pictures.

Ryan Reynolds is a reasonably successful former child actor. He has 8 small films plus 5 art house films, and a successful (if not a standout) comedy series). The AThe Amityville Horror is his biggest film. Suddenly he dates and marries Scarlett Johansson. He is voted Sexiest Man Alive in 2010.

Now they are sinking hundreds of millions of dollars in his films, and none of them are working.
July 28th, 2013 at 12:26:01 AM permalink
theodores
Threads: 2
Um, didn't Ryan Reynolds marry Blake Lively?

Edit: Okay, I see he married (and divorced) S.J. earlier. I really do not follow celebrity news closely enough.
July 28th, 2013 at 2:03:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin

Ryan Reynolds is a reasonably successful former child actor. .

Thats why he's such an arrogant sot. He's been
surrounded by people his whole life that told
him his poopy no stinky and he believed it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.