March 6th, 2014 at 2:44:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
On your boards.

Make the blocking mechanism work like so:

Example
John Doe
Jane Doe.

If Jane Doe blocks John, both their blocking mechanisms block each other. Likewise, if John blocks Jane, both their blocking mechanisms turn on.

Only if neither decide to block each other will they be able to read each others posts.

Think about it. It's got to be better than the current system.

Thanks.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 6th, 2014 at 3:43:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Also, as the forum over here has picked up I thought of a nickname.

Forum of Solitude. (a riff on Superman's hideaway)

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 6th, 2014 at 5:27:22 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: rxwine
On your boards.

Make the blocking mechanism work like so:

Example
John Doe
Jane Doe.

If Jane Doe blocks John, both their blocking mechanisms block each other.

I think it worked like that at one stage. A problem is that John could send Jane a nasty PM and then block her. Jane would then be unable to retaliate, which I think she is entitled to. The way we fixed that is any PM sent during an unblocked period could still be responded to. However, members got around the blockade by responding to clean PMs as much as they wished.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 6th, 2014 at 5:59:21 PM permalink
rxwine
I was thinking more like if MLK54321 or Jerry Logan had bothered to block each other, neither would see public posts from the other. PMs wouldn't work either.

They would become invisible to each other and unable to pm each other until both had unblocked. If one kept the block on, the situation would remain of them both being blocked. No drama possible.

Now Logan would sign up under a new name of course, but this has the usual downside, especially if he follows the other around to harass he would get caught pretty soon. Only if he kept his mouth shut and behaved could he get away with it, which is the goal anyway.
March 7th, 2014 at 6:40:57 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: rxwine
I was thinking more like if MLK54321 or Jerry Logan had bothered to block each other, neither would see public posts from the other. PMs wouldn't work either.

There you go making sense again. However, with the classic WoV feuds I doubt there was any blocking going on. I think MKL viewed it as a good deed, like a holy war, to go after Jerry. While Jerry just enjoyed poking MKL with his stick.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 7th, 2014 at 6:49:54 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
I think MKL viewed it as a good deed, like a holy war, to go after Jerry.

MKL just wanted to win every argument. That's why he posted in confrontational mode all the time. He dind't even care what the argument was about, so long as he won it.

Quote:
While Jerry just enjoyed poking MKL with his stick.

Would I get suspended for insulting a former member who very likely still reads the other board?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER