April 1st, 2014 at 12:50:44 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This is driving me nuts. Lets say you're a system
Superman and have a system that beats bac 100%
of the time. You win every hand. How does this effect
the dragon bet. You bet the dragon every hand and win
every time you're supposed to. Does the HE for the
dragon change or remain the same. Damned if I know.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 1st, 2014 at 2:51:07 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
A player who could hypothetically choose his bet after the cards were dealt would win 100% of the time. A player who could hypothetically choose his bet after the cards were deal 1 out of 10 times would have a hypothetical edge of about 9%.

But since the dragon bet is unrelated to who wins or loses the hand, I would assume the HE would remain the same.

Now if you doctored the deck to remove all cards of a certain denomination, you might be able to give the player an advantage. That would change the Dragon bet. But you would have to determine how you would do that.
April 1st, 2014 at 8:24:03 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Pacomartin
A player who could hypothetically choose his bet after the cards were dealt would win 100% of the time. A player who could hypothetically choose his bet after the cards were deal 1 out of 10 times would have a hypothetical edge of about 9%.

But since the dragon bet is unrelated to who wins or loses the hand, I would assume the HE would remain the same.

Now if you doctored the deck to remove all cards of a certain denomination, you might be able to give the player an advantage. That would change the Dragon bet. But you would have to determine how you would do that.

This appears to have escaped the WoV board...
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
April 1st, 2014 at 8:35:39 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: TheCesspit
This appears to have escaped the WoV board...

I reckon he's got something in store for post #15,000 and doesn't want to waste it on stupid Bac =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 1st, 2014 at 9:41:34 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Face
I reckon he's got something in store for post #15,000 and doesn't want to waste it on stupid Bac =)

My impression as well.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
April 1st, 2014 at 12:49:40 PM permalink
Evenbob

So even if you win 100% of the dragon bets, its
still a bad bet?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 1st, 2014 at 1:36:06 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
So even if you win 100% of the dragon bets, its still a bad bet?

Perhaps I don't understand the question. If Superpunter wins 100% of the baccarat hands, he still won't necessarily win 100% of the dragon bets.
April 1st, 2014 at 2:12:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Perhaps I don't understand the question. If Superpunter wins 100% of the baccarat hands, he still won't necessarily win 100% of the dragon bets.

He'll win all those that are qualified to win. How many
dragon winners are in a typical shoe. I read the average
30/1 winners per shoe is 2, for instance. The others must
have an average per shoe also.
April 1st, 2014 at 10:03:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Well, that's embarrassing. In looking for an
answer on Google I stumbled on a thread
on this very subject I started 6 years ago
on another forum. I hashed it out with them
and we figured it out. I'd forgotten about
it because I dropped the matter and never
went back to it.

So I answered my own question. I got humbled
by me. I hate when that happens.