Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

Page 1 of 1791234>Last »
April 18th, 2014 at 7:51:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
UN issues another 15 year tipping point.

The problem with saying the world will end in 10 years is you cannot do it for 30 years in a row unless it really ends!

I think more and more people are waking up to this as they see the world has not ended. We have fewer and fewer believers but we need more to become skeptics.
The President is a fink.
April 18th, 2014 at 12:03:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

The problem with saying the world will end in 10 years is you cannot do it for 30 years in a row unless it really ends!

As long as they can goad the West into paying
poorer countries for what we 'did to them' with
GW, it will never go away. The world is run by
the insane.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 19th, 2014 at 8:19:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Slowest start to tornado season since they started keeping
records over a hundred years ago. GW was supposed to
make tornado seasons longer and more deadly, not stop
them in their tracks. Could it be we're cooling and not
warming, Al Gore?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 20th, 2014 at 4:56:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
Slowest start to tornado season since they started keeping
records over a hundred years ago. GW was supposed to
make tornado seasons longer and more deadly, not stop
them in their tracks. Could it be we're cooling and not
warming, Al Gore?

It could also be that as I have said, historically warmer is better. We are coming off a cold cycle so warming is just regression to the mean. It is the height of arrogance to say that today's temperature is "right" and any change will bring on "severe weather changes."
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2014 at 8:33:39 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
It could also be that as I have said, historically warmer is better. We are coming off a cold cycle so warming is just regression to the mean. It is the height of arrogance to say that today's temperature is "right" and any change will bring on "severe weather changes."

One of your two statements can be described as arrogant, if you want. I disagree, but there we go. However the latter one is scientifically debatable, and not 'arrogant' to make a statement, with facts to back it up. If higher temperatures DO make severe weather changes, it's not arrogant to make that statement at all. Not being the height of it at all.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
April 20th, 2014 at 9:32:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: TheCesspit
If higher temperatures DO make severe weather changes, it's not arrogant to make that statement at all. Not being the height of it at all.

But we do not know this. Furthermore, how does one define "severe weather changes?" They seem to have so far been defined as anything that causes any property or life loss is "severe weather caused by 'global warming.'" It is all to fit an agenda and shake down taxpayers for money.

The earth is not now near its historic high or cool temperature. We cannot change the long term trend. Mankind if responsible for only 3-4% of CO2 emissions. Weather happens.
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2014 at 11:13:07 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
But we do not know this. Furthermore, how does one define "severe weather changes?" They seem to have so far been defined as anything that causes any property or life loss is "severe weather caused by 'global warming.'" It is all to fit an agenda and shake down taxpayers for money.

You can disagree with the scientific consensus, and you can follow the debate and decide what you want. I'm not going to debate it with you. Other have done so. But I do say its not 'arrogant' for someone to make a statement based on the facts and analysis they have done, others have done, and have backed up and tested. You can disagree with the methods.

I find it hilarious to say that it's some big conspiracy and shake down by academics over big oil. Energy companies for -years- have been shaking down the government for tax breaks and cuts and special pleading. So to complain someone else might be doing it and thats -wrong- is, well... too funny.

Quote:
The earth is not now near its historic high or cool temperature. We cannot change the long term trend. Mankind if responsible for only 3-4% of CO2 emissions. Weather happens.

And while I don't agree with your conclusions here, I understand your position. Shrug.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
April 20th, 2014 at 11:40:46 AM permalink
Evenbob
I find it hilarious to say that it's some big conspiracy and shake down by academics over big oil. .

Of course that's what it is, that's what it's always
been. You didn't really think the earth was getting
warmer, did you? Rush called it for what it was
over 20 years ago, and he was right on the money.
As usual..
April 20th, 2014 at 5:23:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
You can disagree with the scientific consensus, and you can follow the debate and decide what you want. I'm not going to debate it with you. Other have done so. But I do say its not 'arrogant' for someone to make a statement based on the facts and analysis they have done, others have done, and have backed up and tested. You can disagree with the methods.

The thing is it is impossible to test. You can make models, but the same people making the models for the next 20 years can't get the weather right a week from now. They are making guesses, and saying that that if it is colder or warmer we are going to die but today is simply perfect.

Quote:
I find it hilarious to say that it's some big conspiracy and shake down by academics over big oil. Energy companies for -years- have been shaking down the government for tax breaks and cuts and special pleading. So to complain someone else might be doing it and thats -wrong- is, well... too funny.

Oil companies have not asked for tax breaks based on made-up science. They ask based on proven accountancy. And if you want my opinion, it is OPEC who is funding at least part of the global warming alarmism, I mean, who has more to gain?

And while I don't agree with your conclusions here, I understand your position. Shrug.
The President is a fink.
April 26th, 2014 at 12:50:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Cap and trade tax in California to help fund $68 Billion bullet train.

If you doubt global warming is a tax shakedown, just follow the money. Lots of construction jobs, eminent domain, and other money available in $68 billion.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 1791234>Last »