Pitch a bitch. Complain about the Affordable Care Act here, or whatever else is bothering you.

April 22nd, 2014 at 6:14:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Would someone please tell people that when you walk thru a metal detector that you are not crossing into a parallel dimension and to keep moving?

Because of my job I have to go thru these things several times a day. Now, I do not expect Mr and Mrs public to be able to empty their pockets in less than 5 seconds like I can. But why after breaking the plane of the thing do people just STOP?!

There is usually someone behind you, probably several. When you get stopped inside one for too long the alarm will go off and protocol then usually requires the person be wanded. Then that interrupts the rest of the line, all because some lump decides to stop and look around.

It is not "Sliders," you are not walking into a parallel universe, and Sabrina Llyod is not going to meet you. If you do not know where you are going you still do not stop.
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2014 at 6:18:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Would someone please tell people that when you walk thru a metal detector that you are not crossing into a parallel dimension and to keep moving?

It makes no sense because on TV and movies
they never stop. People are sheep, they don't
pay attention or realize how things work. They
think its a body scanner or something.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 22nd, 2014 at 6:25:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
It makes no sense because on TV and movies
they never stop. People are sheep, they don't
pay attention or realize how things work. They
think its a body scanner or something.

Then there is the crap they bring in with them. I often see the mounties writing receipts for things like small knives. One brought in a horse pick and she had to check it, she was wondering why! Not that we can bring in contraband but they are cool with us abstractors because we are there as much as county employees, maybe more.

A lot of people coming in are coming for Family Court, where you would think their attorney might coach them on what is going to happen at the courthouse?
The President is a fink.