Did somebody change the rules?

May 3rd, 2014 at 7:39:31 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Back when I was married 25 years ago, my wife used to tell me that Brooks Brothers suits were the only acceptable thing for women to wear to work. I guess somebody changed the rules. Marissa Myer is a tech CEO, and she looks like a model.
May 3rd, 2014 at 9:19:26 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Actually the rules did change for female office attire quite some time ago but if you are the CEO you make your own rules or you hire a fashion consultant.
May 3rd, 2014 at 10:31:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
Actually the rules did change for female office attire quite some time ago but if you are the CEO you make your own rules or you hire a fashion consultant.

Show me an email that addresses people bending or breaking the attire standards in an office and I will show you a place where women are bending the rules. In all my time I think I have seen one email because men were not dressed correct for work.
The President is a fink.
May 3rd, 2014 at 11:16:03 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Female dress requirements vary widely by workplace, but short skirts (just above the knees) has been accepted and admired for quite some time now. Unfortunately, men are stuck to the dress pant / dress shirt scenario. Some places still expect ties. When we do sales, we always ask what the dress code and dress one step above (where possible). That is, if it's shirt and tie, we wear suits. If it's business casual, we put on a tie. If it's casual, we go business casual.

And it depends on location. Pretty much most of Florida is casual or business casual because it's too hot to wear a tie at lunch.