European visitors to Mexico City

Page 2 of 2<12
January 18th, 2015 at 9:14:38 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Pacomartin
Air France Paris: Charles de Gaulle

A little off topic but I saw Paris CDG airport above.
Just wanted to comment on CDG.
In the past, my skyteam (Delta alliance) clients connecting in Europe always preferred AMS over CDG.
Now clients are outright refusing to connect thru CDG.
Does this have to do with recent events in Paris, probably but I don't know because I am not asking why.
I had one guy wanting skyteam from DEL India to IND usa and wanted business class through AMS.
Business class was sold out, offered to connect through CDG with business class.
He said no, asked about coach price and then asked about availability of business the day before and after on KLM thru AMS.
Recently I have had other clients that absolutely refused to connect thru CDG.

Kind of funny because a few weeks ago, had a guy that wanted to leave some city in Eastern Europe in the evening to fly back to the USA.
Nothing leaving in the evening, choice is stay another night or fly in the evening to a major Europe hub and overnite there for a morning departure next day.
He chose to overnite in Paris to have a French dinner, and was thrilled :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 18th, 2015 at 9:38:38 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: terapined
In the past, my skyteam (Delta alliance) clients connecting in Europe always preferred AMS over CDG.

I am not sure if an overnight is involved, but there are a lot of middle aged men that like the idea of legally buying hash at a bar. It's not just for college students.

I have been to european airports London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Amsterdam, Reykjavik, Lisbon, Madrid, Malaga, Rome, Catania, Zurich, Milan, Vienna, Stockholm, and Bergen Norway. But I have never been to CDG as I went to Paris on a train.

The worst one was Catania Sicily where they held me for about two hours in a little room because they said I didn't have the correct paperwork for a piece of equipment.
January 18th, 2015 at 3:44:44 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Pacomartin
I am not sure if an overnight is involved, but there are a lot of middle aged men that like the idea of legally buying hash at a bar. It's not just for college students.

I have been to european airports London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Amsterdam, Reykjavik, Lisbon, Madrid, Malaga, Rome, Catania, Zurich, Milan, Vienna, Stockholm, and Bergen Norway. But I have never been to CDG as I went to Paris on a train.

The worst one was Catania Sicily where they held me for about two hours in a little room because they said I didn't have the correct paperwork for a piece of equipment.

I would certainly want to overnite in AMS :-)
For my clients, its simply a connecting flight and all skyteam clients prefers AMS over CDG.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 19th, 2015 at 3:08:21 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: terapined
For my clients, its simply a connecting flight and all skyteam clients prefers AMS over CDG.

I am not sure why that would be. They seem to be similar in size. Is the security really bad at CDG? Is the food bad? Are they afraid of terrorists?

The security lines of LHR are terrible. Maybe they are bad at CDG as well.

Charles de Gaulle Airport
62,052,917 total
56,767,748 international

Schiphol Airport
52,569,250 total
52,527,699 international
Domestic flights in Netherlands are virtually nonexistent
Page 2 of 2<12