Kiss Me Deadly

August 6th, 2014 at 3:32:56 AM permalink
Greasyjohn
Threads: 6
And The Big Knife. Two very good movies from the 50s. Was just reading about the actor Wesley Addy who at one time was married to Celeste Holm. She was in All About Eve. A great picture. Perhaps the best movie ever. Anne Baxter was very good in AAE. Also good in Yellow Sky. The kiss she has with Gregory Peck in Yellow Sky is just a great scene. And one of the bad guys in Yellow Sky was the actor John Russell, who went on to play the villain gunfighter in Pale Rider some 37 years after his appearance in Yellow Sky. The Private Affairs of Bel Ami. This picture is one of the best films ever made. George Sanders gave a stunning performance. Johnny Guitar. Mercedes McCambridge was great in this picture. The Swimmer was on TV tonight. I've seen this picture before but never really grasped it. I'd like to really absorb the dialogue some day. Lots of great actors from that era. Edit: tonight (8-7) The Naked Spur, followed by The Mortal Storm ( on TV). Millard Mitchell died the year he appeared in The Naked Spur. Two great movies.