Sayreville High School Football

October 19th, 2014 at 8:22:04 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I've been following the hazing/sexual assault scandal at this school.
I played football as a kid and am absolutely shocked at what went on in that locker room.
I am also disturbed that there was no adult supervision in the locker room.
In my school, coaches office was right in the locker room with a big window and open door.
This coach had 12 assistants, definitely enough support to constantly monitor the team.
Some of the reactions of the parents of football players regarding the cancellation of the season is sad.
One parent said that nobody died so whatever happened is not serious enough to cancel a season.
I don't view this as bullying, I view this as rape.
I absolutely agree with the school board that the season should be canceled.
What is it with football the blinds peoples eyes to what is important in life.
Winning football games is not important when you include child sexual assault in the same conversation.
One of the accused players showed up to help coach youngsters in a Pop Warner game.
Some parents thought it was inappropriate that a teen accused of sexual assault should not have close contact with children.
The Pop Warner coach was furious, he's 8-0 and he threatening to quit over this. Amazing.
Yea the teen is innocent till proven guilty, but the community has an obligation to protect children from the accused until guilt is determined.
The hubris of that Pop Warner coach, 8-0 is a lot more important that a child being sexually assaulted.
What is it with football that blinds peoples eyes to sexual assault just to win games.
Some of the excuses I have heard come out of Sayreville is that this happens everywhere. They say freshman sexual assault is common and Sayreville is no different. If this is true, maybe all high school football should be shut down.
Another Sayreville excuse, blame the media. If it wasn't for the media, Sayreville could shove this under the rug and still play football.
Wow, football is so important that people are willing to ignore child rape to win a meaningless football game.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 19th, 2014 at 10:59:25 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
What are the details? I can't find anything other than "sexual assault", and to be fair, many idiots today would classify a wedgie as such.

Next thing you know they'll be jailing kids for administering "joxygen".

Need more info.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 19th, 2014 at 12:20:31 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Face
What are the details? I can't find anything other than "sexual assault", and to be fair, many idiots today would classify a wedgie as such.

Next thing you know they'll be jailing kids for administering "joxygen".

Need more info.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2014/10/sayreville_high_school_football_hazing_parent_reveals_sexual_nature_of_locker_room_ritual_exclusive.html

"It came without warning.
It would start with a howling noise from a senior football player at Sayreville War Memorial High School, and then the locker room lights were abruptly shut off.
In the darkness, a freshman football player would be pinned to the locker room floor, his arms and feet held down by multiple upperclassmen. Then, the victim would be lifted to his feet while a finger was forced into his rectum. Sometimes, the same finger was then shoved into the freshman player’s mouth."
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 19th, 2014 at 1:18:26 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
its only the defendants and the district that want the euphemisms and vague terminology
October 19th, 2014 at 4:30:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
finger was forced into his rectum. Sometimes, the same finger was then shoved into the freshman player’s mouth."

Good clean fun, boys will be boys..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 19th, 2014 at 9:01:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
finger was forced into his rectum. Sometimes, the same finger was then shoved into the freshman player’s mouth."

Quote: Evenbob
Good clean fun, boys will be boys..

So Evenbob, if a bunch of guys force you to the ground and stick their finger in your ass and then your mouth, you're saying you'd call that fun for you?

Okay, then.

I believe you. Evenbob enjoys being forcibly penetrated in the anus by a bunch of guys.

Sheesh, the things you learn here, you'd never expect.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 20th, 2014 at 1:33:23 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I think there probably was a sarcasm code in there somewhere.