sheldon gets drunk

Page 1 of 3123>
November 7th, 2014 at 12:10:26 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Do you realize that 4 out of the 6 episodes that Jim Parsons submitted for an emmy nomination were ones where Shedon gets drunk Only the Leonard Nimoy napkin episode did not involve him being drunk.

Jim Parsons -The Big Bang Theory-Dr. Sheldon Cooper Emmy nominated episodes by Season
2) "The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis": Penny's gift to Sheldon is a napkin both autographed and used by Leonard Nimoy.
3) "The Pants Alternative": Sheldon drunkenly removes his pants at an award ceremony and his humiliating speech on YouTube. WON
4) "The Agreement Dissection": Priya destroys the roomate agreement. Sheldon dances with the girls and Amy gets drunk. WON
5) "The Werewolf Transformation": Sheldon can't get his haircut because his regular barber is out sick. He plays the bongos all night
6) "The Habitation Configuration": Wil Wheaton for a special Fun With Flags; Penny gets Sheldon drunk on Long Island Iced Tea. WON
7) "The Relationship Diremption": Amy puts a drunken Sheldon to bed. When he wakes up, he is horrified to see what he holds in his arms: a book on geology. WON

So far this season (which is one third over), I have not seen the equivalent of these episodes. Of course Sheldon hasn't been drunk yet. But they seem to be putting to much emphasis on the same plotlines which are not very funny.
November 7th, 2014 at 12:18:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Time to bring Henry Winkler on and jump a shark
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 7th, 2014 at 12:39:27 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
. But they seem to be putting to much emphasis on the same plotlines which are not very funny.

I don't watch this show much, for the reason
you just stated. It's like American Family,
the repeated Gay stereotype gags are just
not funny anymore. Bang jumped the shark
in the 3rd season for me..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 7th, 2014 at 5:21:21 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I saw the headline: Sheldon gets drunk... and thought of Sheldon Adelson. but now realize this relates to that Big Bang show about the nerdy misfits.

Rather than jumping the shark they should show the eventual coping skills and cures... or atleast adaptations.
November 7th, 2014 at 5:34:10 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Why, oh why did Penny cut off all her beautiful hair? If Bernadette cuts her hair off, I'll stop watching.
November 7th, 2014 at 6:45:25 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Evenbob
Bang jumped the shark in the 3rd season for me..

There still is no other 30 minute sitcom that even comes close to the ratings level of The Big Bang Theory. I think that there were 4 new ones that survived the freshman year last year (Mom, The Millers, The Goldbergs, and About a Boy). this year they are already starting to cancel the new ones. Only "black-ish" is a genuine hit, with "Marry Me" having decent ratings for the first few episodes.
November 7th, 2014 at 6:58:34 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Do you realize that 4 out of the 6 episodes that Jim Parsons submitted for an emmy nomination were ones where Shedon gets drunk

I bet you don't, either ;)

Quote:
Jim Parsons -The Big Bang Theory-Dr. Sheldon Cooper Emmy nominated episodes by Season
[..]
4) "The Agreement Dissection": Priya destroys the roomate agreement. Sheldon dances with the girls and Amy gets drunk. WON

Amy gets drunk, not Sheldon.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 7th, 2014 at 7:23:33 AM permalink
Pacomartin
I should have said specifically that Sheldon is drunk when he plays the bongos (I think). Amy is drunk for one episode. Nobody is drunk for the "napkin episode"

2) "The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis": Penny's gift to Sheldon is a napkin both autographed and used by Leonard Nimoy.
3) "The Pants Alternative": Sheldon drunkenly removes his pants at an award ceremony and his humiliating speech on YouTube. WON
5) "The Werewolf Transformation": Sheldon can't get his haircut because his regular barber is out sick. He plays the bongos all night
6) "The Habitation Configuration": Wil Wheaton for a special Fun With Flags; Penny gets Sheldon drunk on Long Island Iced Tea. WON
7) "The Relationship Diremption": Amy puts a drunken Sheldon to bed. When he wakes up, he is horrified to see what he holds in his arms: a book on geology. WON

Actually he may have been on valium when he took off his pants. I don't remember that long ago.
November 7th, 2014 at 7:41:06 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I should have said specifically that Sheldon is drunk when he plays the bongos (I think).

No, he was just going insane ;)

Quote:
Actually he may have been on valium when he took off his pants. I don't remember that long ago.

Drunk.

He was scared to speak publicly in front of so many people. Penny suggests he take a drink. He eventually does and says something like "I don't feel any different. This alcohol must be defective." So Penny gets him to drink more. Leonard is making a rather long introduction, which is all about his problems with his mother, until Sheldon, now drunk, interrupts him and takes the stage.

That was a very good episode, up until the banquet.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 7th, 2014 at 7:51:00 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I liked the time when he got drunk and played a keyboard in the Cheesecake Factory. He was quite good. I wish they would show off his musical talent on the show more often.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 1 of 3123>