El Buen Fin

November 14th, 2014 at 7:19:32 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Succinctly explained here: http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/189/12/#post7449

More succinctly: the Mexican Version of Black Friday.

I bought my Win7 PC last year during this promotion, and I thought this year I'd get nothing. But then I had an idea: look for offers or discounts on ceramic cookware. It's perfect because Monday is a holiday, therefore I can spend Sunday morning (I've plans for Saturday), browsing the nearby malls.

I'm looking for a nice omelet pan, a deep and large pan, and perhaps even a wok (the Teflon one I have now is really old and the coating is dangerously degraded).

Or I may wind up doing all my shopping online on Saturday. Already I've been bombarded by promotional emails from everyone from PayPal to department stores, to Costco.

Fun times either way :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 18th, 2014 at 2:20:08 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
So while I was reading reviews about ceramic and other exotic cookware, I ran into a money- and time-saving bit of knowledge.

See, the reviews of sapphire-coated pans, as well as those of ceramic pans, mentioned keeping all cooking at medium heat at most. I figured, then, what if I take my existing cookware and dial down the heat on the stove?

Sure enough, the problem of food sticking to the alleged non-stick surface largely went away. This also renders the cookware a lot easier to wash, too. As a bonus, I can even leave some things unattended for a minute or so and they won't burn (meaning no more chopped onion bits with charred edges).

In short, I didn't get new cookware. Well, I did get a new pie baking dish, but that was unrelated. On the plus, plus side, I have a bit more money for clothes.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER