Brands Hatch Buffoons

November 18th, 2014 at 4:11:20 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Being a life long race fan, I thought I've seen it all. I've seen races won by over an hour, I've seen races won by .003 seconds. I've seen cars explode into a thousand pieces and the driver walk away, I've seen cars take mild bumps and the drivers die. I've seen deer get hit in the WRC, I've seen Sr. lose a race due to hitting a seagull. I've seen cows get hit and get avoided in Targa, I've seen drivers get booby trapped in Baja. I've even seen a car turn into a plane and decide to fly at Spa-Francorchamps.

With fans, it's the same. I've seen fans close a track due to throwing water bottles and shoes. I've seen fans build booby traps to wreck racers. I've seen fans scale catch fences for better views, and I've seen them enter the track under red flag for autographs. I've seen them catch a shave from the wing of a rally car, and seen them be liquidated by an airborne F1.

Leave it to the rosbifs to show me something I ain't never seen before.

This bellend somehow made it to Brands Hatch. Once there, he somehow made it into the infield. From there, he somehow made it into pit lane. And, uncontested, he came out of the pits in front of a racer and entered the track DURING COMPETITION.

The "how's" and the "why's" are numerous and unexplainable. So very many questions are created by this act. I can't even list any, because my own brain is still just stuck on "wtf?".

Dude was big talk on Facebook when he got home. Now he's serving 8 months at Her Majesty's pleasure. No word on passenger #1 who was encouraging him the whole time. Also no word on passenger #2, who had a complete breakdown during the act.

I'd love to discuss it more, but really... I'm just stuck on "wtf?"

Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
November 18th, 2014 at 4:45:43 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
The first sign to security that they had a problem should have been the presence of a pine tree deodorizer hanging in the windscreen..
November 19th, 2014 at 10:51:31 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Ayecarumba
The first sign to security that they had a problem should have been the presence of a pine tree deodorizer hanging in the windscreen..

Or the fact that it was a Polo in the pits during an all-Beetle race...

...or that the car was full of children...

...or that it was a plain white car in a field of sponsored rides...

You may notice that he passes a pitting car. That car had in-car footage and actually came out of the pits right behind the Polo, nose to tail. He didn't even look all that put out by the appearance of a street car with plates.

I was young once. If I happened upon Watkins Glen and found the gate open, you're damn right I'd pop in for a few hot laps. Even at 34 and with only a truck to drive, I'd say that possibility still lives. But no amount of youthful exuberance, drugs, or bets would ever get me on the track, unauthorized, during any sort of competition. What a complete maroon.

He was big talk post incident, complete with a totally unintelligible Facebook brag. It's since been taken down.

8 months in jail. Hope it was worth it.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.