Domestic Violence in UK

November 23rd, 2014 at 11:59:25 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
wow talk about really downgrading how real victims of domestic violence are viewed:

Article

(one member of Parliament stated a husband’s comments about his wife’s weight should be considered domestic abuse )
November 24th, 2014 at 10:27:43 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: aceofspades
wow talk about really downgrading how real victims of domestic violence are viewed:

Article

(one member of Parliament stated a husband’s comments about his wife’s weight should be considered domestic abuse )

This is just further supports of my position on legalized safe prostitution in every state and also the stupidity of marriage regardless of gender.

I agree that "real" abuse is an awful fact. No one should stay in a abusive relationship. It is easier to not get in one in the first place.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 24th, 2014 at 10:52:50 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
An odd place, that UK?

Jail a man for yelling at his wife, but protect pedophiles?

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/nov/22/media-gagged-westminster-child-abuse-ring

The UK .gov covers up an protects child rapists for decades and now wants to take away their citizens rights to protect the commonwealth from evil doers.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-30173238
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 24th, 2014 at 11:25:08 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
The UK has a considerable number of Nanny State politicians.

The UK has business cards in phone boxes and taxi cabs and the usual massage parlors as well as "stroll" areas.
November 24th, 2014 at 1:31:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
An odd place, that UK?

A lot of censorship in the UK.
Many books available here in the USA are not published in the UK due to lawsuit threats.
$cientology is a good example of this, books published here critical of $cientology are not published in the UK.
Going Clear
http://www.amazon.com/Going-Clear-Scientology-Hollywood-Prison/dp/0307745309/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416864483&sr=1-1&keywords=going+clear
National Book Award Finalist
National Book Critics Circle Award Finalist
A New York Times Notable Book
A Best Book of the Year: The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, New York magazine, Slate, Chicago Tribune, Huffington Post, Newsday, Entertainment Weekly, People, The Week, Publishers Weekly, Kirkus Reviews
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 24th, 2014 at 2:02:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff

The UK has business cards in phone boxes

They still have phone booths? I haven't seen
one here in 15 years. I haven't see a pay phone
is 5 years. Airports still have some, I think.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.