Poll
1 vote (14.28%)
5 votes (71.42%)
1 vote (14.28%)

7 members have voted

December 5th, 2014 at 7:54:21 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Been reading about Mark Wahlberg requesting a pardon.
OK.
So I looked up what he did.
Being 1/2 Asian, I'm pretty shocked at his vicious attacks as a youth.
After using racial insults, he beat an Asian so bad with a "stick", the asian went unconcious.
Another Asian was smashed in the face by him. The attack was so vicious, the Asian lost sight in 1 eye.
Too me any attack where somebody sufers permanent injury is extremely vicious.
I vote no. Lost eye to me means no pardon. its perrmanent life long injury.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 5th, 2014 at 9:07:00 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
What does he want a pardon for? He's hardly in prison and his life is hardly limited. He did the crime, he did some time, he says he feels guilt... so why does he need a pardon?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
December 5th, 2014 at 9:34:34 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: TheCesspit
What does he want a pardon for? He's hardly in prison and his life is hardly limited. He did the crime, he did some time, he says he feels guilt... so why does he need a pardon?

"his record generally keeps him from obtaining things like a concessionaire’s license—hindering his personal involvement in various restaurant ventures—and from obtaining positions in law enforcement to help at-risk youth."
http://www.boston.com/entertainment/celebrity/2014/12/04/mark-wahlberg-applies-for-pardon-boston-assault-case/gDp9nX8sfbZo5G2Xb8VcbM/story.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 5th, 2014 at 11:53:36 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
His brother is the star of Blue Bloods and
is a better actor.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 5th, 2014 at 1:39:51 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
"his record generally keeps him from obtaining things like a concessionaire’s license—hindering his personal involvement in various restaurant ventures—and from obtaining positions in law enforcement to help at-risk youth."
http://www.boston.com/entertainment/celebrity/2014/12/04/mark-wahlberg-applies-for-pardon-boston-assault-case/gDp9nX8sfbZo5G2Xb8VcbM/story.html

Ah, I guess conviction in the US don't expire like they do in the UK. There's a certain period of time after release you have to report a conviction (have a criminal record), but after a while it becomes spent. I think it's a year per year of sentence.

Some convictions never get spent (sexual assualts and murder, for example). But assault (Grevious Bodily Harm, aka GBH for example) do expire.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
December 6th, 2014 at 12:39:54 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
I think I would sign off on it just because he was still a kid and has learned from his mistakes very unlikely to ever repeat them. Maybe there isn't a reason for a record to haunt people this long with computers never forgetting and others should be cleared too. It really is irrelevant after so many decades.
December 6th, 2014 at 9:07:50 AM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
It really is irrelevant after so many decades.

Our opinions don't matter really. Of course Wahlberg isn't likely to repeat such an attack these days because he has much to lose and too many witnesses know his face, but when he was 16, he though he could get away with it.

Ask the guy who lost an eye if he forgives Mark Wahlberg.
December 7th, 2014 at 3:09:37 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: zippyboy

I wonder if Hoa Trinh is going to be invited to the mansion some day.
December 7th, 2014 at 4:13:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
Quote: zippyboy

I wonder if Hoa Trinh is going to be invited to the mansion some day.

This is where Mark Wahlberg lives?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 7th, 2014 at 5:14:01 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
This is where Mark Wahlberg lives?

It's his recently completed mansion, which is not shocking for a man worth over $200 million. He paid $8 million for the land five years ago, and an unknown amount to build the mansion.

Landrey design group did the work

The guy has 33 movies that grossed $4.6 billion worldwide. I am willing to bet he can pay for that mansion solely on his salary for the sequel to Ted.
Page 1 of 212>