Buy the Wizard's car

Page 2 of 4<1234>
December 27th, 2014 at 4:20:23 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Ayecarumba
What kind of mileage are you getting? What is the story of the cool license plate?

I haven't been tracking it, but it is probably in the low 20s somewhere.

We license plate collectors like single-letter and low-number plates. I've gone through the alphabet lots of times on the Nevada DMV web site with no luck. However, one day J was available so I turned in my Bodog plates and got it!

I also used to have the C license plate, but the state made me give it back because they issued it to me in error.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 27th, 2014 at 4:29:32 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Wizard
I haven't been tracking it, but it is probably in the low 20s somewhere.

We license plate collectors like single-letter and low-number plates. I've gone through the alphabet lots of times on the Nevada DMV web site with no luck. However, one day J was available so I turned in my Bodog plates and got it!

I also used to have the C license plate, but the state made me give it back because they issued it to me in error.
Is the plate part of the sale?
December 27th, 2014 at 6:27:24 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2

That pic couldn't have been taken in Vegas....with grass on the lawn and leaves on the ground? No need to answer...just an (possibly erroneous) observation.
December 27th, 2014 at 7:26:27 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: zippyboy
That pic couldn't have been taken in Vegas....with grass on the lawn and leaves on the ground? No need to answer...just an (possibly erroneous) observation.

I assure you that I took that picture this week in Vegas. Las Vegans are notorious for being in denial about being in the desert and planting grass everywhere to prove it. It was a warm autumn so the leaves were late in falling this year but the last of them are still coming down.
December 28th, 2014 at 5:48:32 PM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
When I saw this thread, this promotion jumped into my head:

I don't suppose there's any chance of something similar, is there?

Nah, I didn't think so...
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
December 28th, 2014 at 6:50:15 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: DJTeddyBear
I don't suppose there's any chance of something similar, is there?

Nah, I didn't think so...

I could put my dog and guinea pig in the car if you think that will increase interest.
December 28th, 2014 at 10:47:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I could put my dog and guinea pig in the car if you think that will increase interest.

In skimpy cocktail outfits.
+1
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 30th, 2014 at 3:54:59 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Good luck selling it. I don't think you will have a problem getting $5000+ in Las Vegas.

If I recall correctly about a year ago you started a thread on buying a new car. Which model did you choose or which models are you considering?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 30th, 2014 at 4:02:08 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: DRich

If I recall correctly about a year ago you started a thread on buying a new car. Which model did you choose or which models are you considering?

That was for Mrs. Wiz. For his sake, I hope that deal has long since been completed ;)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
December 30th, 2014 at 4:08:38 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: DRich

We still haven't agreed, which is why we're still driving the Cadillac. I want something Japanese, preferably Toyota, and she wants a prestigious German car. Not some low-end three-series BMW but something that will be above the average at our kid's private school. We are so far apart that it is hard finding a compromise car.
Page 2 of 4<1234>