Streaming Recommendations (Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc.)

Page 174 of 175« First<171172173174175>
March 12th, 2023 at 6:11:58 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Pacomartin
Peacock streaming "Poker Face" , Natasha Lyonne's homage to classic detective series like Columbo. She's a natural born "lie detector", a gift which makes her a great poker player, but inevitably forces her on the run where she solves a murder every episode.

I like the premise of the show. Is peacock on Directv, the only streaming we pay for is Netflix.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 12th, 2023 at 2:19:17 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Netflix
American Manhunt: The Boston Marathon Bombing
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 12th, 2023 at 2:58:39 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: DRich
I like the premise of the show. Is peacock on Directv, the only streaming we pay for is Netflix.

Peacock is a stand alone streaming service with a free version and a premium version. I believe Poker Face is on the free version.
The premise is good and the show is entertaining but kinda cheesy just like those old 70s detective series. They try to make it edgier, but it’s sort of like Murder She Wrote with the F word.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
April 13th, 2023 at 6:06:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: JimRockford
Peacock is a stand alone streaming service with a free version and a premium version. I believe Poker Face is on the free version.
The premise is good and the show is entertaining but kinda cheesy just like those old 70s detective series. They try to make it edgier, but it’s sort of like Murder She Wrote with the F word.

I gave it three episodes and that was enough. Every episode is the same template, they just slightly change the story. And the acting is really subpar, makes Murder She Wrote look like Shakespeare.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 13th, 2023 at 6:10:43 PM permalink
Evenbob

The best time to buy streaming service is on Black Friday. This year I got both Hulu and Peacock for a year for 99 cents a month. But you have to jump in there because the sales only last for a few hours. Right now I have HBO Max, Prime, Paramount Plus, Hulu, and Peacock. I watch stuff on all of them. But I don't have cable anymore, who needs it. Best place to watch old movies for free is on YouTube. The old black and white movies from the 30s and 40s.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 14th, 2023 at 5:20:50 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
The best time to buy streaming service is on Black Friday. This year I got both Hulu and Peacock for a year for 99 cents a month. But you have to jump in there because the sales only last for a few hours. Right now I have HBO Max, Prime, Paramount Plus, Hulu, and Peacock. I watch stuff on all of them. But I don't have cable anymore, who needs it. Best place to watch old movies for free is on YouTube. The old black and white movies from the 30s and 40s.

It sounds like 99 cents too much to me. I watch very few shows and movies that it wouldn't be worth it for me.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 14th, 2023 at 7:08:29 AM permalink
Evenbob
It sounds like 99 cents too much to me. I watch very few shows and movies that it wouldn't be worth it for me.

That's only because you truly love to miss everything that's good. You are not your best friend.
May 14th, 2023 at 9:41:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Air, streaming on Amazon Prime. Directed by Ben Affleck and starring Matt Damon and Jason Bateman. The story of how Nike signed Michael Jordan. 92% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, totally enjoyable there's not a single thing wrong with this movie. If every movie was as perfect as this one how great would that be.

"With its brisk pace, brilliant performances, and outright
fun screenplay, Air instantly shoots to the top of the
most rewatchable films of the year."
May 15th, 2023 at 4:55:24 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Evenbob
Air, streaming on Amazon Prime. Directed by Ben Affleck and starring Matt Damon and Jason Bateman. The story of how Nike signed Michael Jordan. 92% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, totally enjoyable there's not a single thing wrong with this movie. If every movie was as perfect as this one how great would that be.

"With its brisk pace, brilliant performances, and outright
fun screenplay, Air instantly shoots to the top of the
most rewatchable films of the year."

I checked out Rotten Tomatoes website for the first time.

I saw their 92% rating but also saw a 98% viewer rating.

I then checked out what they had to say about the Queen Charlotte movie.

They rated Queen Charlotte higher than Air, but viewer's rating was 75%.

So I think the website is biased to men kissing men and racist.

And I will never use their website again.
May 16th, 2023 at 3:43:17 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
With Cleopatra the movie, I read on Twitter that viewer ratings at Rotten Tomatoes doubled (1% to 2%).
Page 174 of 175« First<171172173174175>