Streaming Recommendations (Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc.)

November 2nd, 2022 at 2:14:15 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Pacomartin
I would watch Tim Blake Nelson play a cockroach --- no wait, he already did that.

I had never heard the name Tim Blake Nelson before and only looked him up because I value Paco's opinion on many things. Obviously he was in a lot of movies, but I don't watch many movies. I only noted two movies that he was in that I have seen. Donnie Brasco and Meet the Fockers. Looking at his picture I have zero recollection of him but if he can play a cockroach that is a skill I can admire.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 2nd, 2022 at 3:32:34 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Ken Burns will have an enormous amount of actual video, if he decides to do a Ukraine war project. They’ll probably be a lot of.video unseen as yet on discovered cell phones.

Assuming we aren’t all fried before then.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 13th, 2022 at 10:22:33 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Netflix
The Good Nurse
Capturing the Killer Nurse

Both are great and about the same case. The 1st is a dramatic movie about the case that is pretty accurate
The 2nd is a documentary about the case

Charles Cullen. Killed 30 to 40 patients and maybe that number is light. Incredible how Hospital after hospital passed him on.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 27th, 2022 at 12:28:38 PM permalink
terapined
Wednesday
Directed by Tim Burton
This is great
So far several episodes in and really enjoying this
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 27th, 2022 at 9:34:53 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: terapined
Wednesday
Directed by Tim Burton
This is great
So far several episodes in and really enjoying this

Wednesday is Rated TV-14 which seems appropriate to me.
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is also Rated TV-14 but many reviews said it should be rated TV-MA and is not kid friendly.

Obviously I am a senior citizen. "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" is unsettling to me, but "Wednesday" is simply charming.
November 28th, 2022 at 7:07:25 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Pacomartin
Wednesday is Rated TV-14 which seems appropriate to me.
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is also Rated TV-14 but many reviews said it should be rated TV-MA and is not kid friendly.

Obviously I am a senior citizen. "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" is unsettling to me, but "Wednesday" is simply charming.

It's not easy being the Thing actor
November 29th, 2022 at 5:13:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Mayor of Kingstown on Paramount Plus Amazon Prime. The pilot blew my socks off and every episode since then has not disappointed in the least. Season 2 coming in January. One of the best shows of this type I've seen in 15 years. Starring Jeremy Renner no less. He's so believable in this role it's unbelievable.

Also on Paramount plus is The Peripherals, really good Sci-Fi series with a drop dead gorgeous female lead who's been acting since she was a child.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 29th, 2022 at 6:03:16 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
Mayor of Kingstown on Paramount Plus Amazon Prime. The pilot blew my socks off and every episode since then has not disappointed in the least. Season 2 coming in January. One of the best shows of this type I've seen in 15 years. Starring Jeremy Renner no less. He's so believable in this role it's unbelievable.

Also on Paramount plus is The Peripherals, really good Sci-Fi series with a drop dead gorgeous female lead who's been acting since she was a child.

I hadn't heard of that show before but I just read a little about it and it sounds like something I will give a try. Assuming I ever get my home internet back, been down for three weeks now. It is difficult since both my wife and I work from home. I am paying about $15 a day for mobile hotspot data.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 29th, 2022 at 7:16:32 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Glass Onion (sequel to Knives Out)

Saw it tonight in the theater, but it will be on Netflix December 23rd.

ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 11th, 2022 at 8:24:14 AM permalink
terapined
Lol

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/ex-palace-employees-are-reportedly-seething-with-rage-over-lies-from-harry-meghan/ar-AA159BPf?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4e27f22283fd4a978e0cd61721f38e87

The whole royal institution needs to go.
Go Harry. Burn it all down :-)