No votes (0%)
4 votes (50%)
1 vote (12.5%)
2 votes (25%)

8 members have voted

April 7th, 2015 at 8:25:04 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
So what is the consensus? Pre-ordering begins in 3 days. It is showing up on television this week.

April 7th, 2015 at 8:37:28 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Once cell phones came out, got rid of my watch.
I have no interest putting something on my wrist.
I go to a lot of music festivals, have to wear a wrist band the whole 4 days of a music festival. ugh.
Wannee music festival coming up for me, 4 days of blissful music and 4 days of having to wear a wrist band I cant stand.
Hate it, as soon as the festival is over, cut the wrist band, so comfortable with nothing on my wrist :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 7th, 2015 at 9:14:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Seems redundant if you have a smartphone. Maybe you want to look like Dick Tracy or something? I have enough crap to take off when I go thru metal detectors as it is.
The President is a fink.
April 7th, 2015 at 11:13:56 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I don't get Apple. Watches have fallen in sales
to almost nothing in the last 10 years, and
they are coming out with one? Passing fad
is my guess, I'll never buy another watch.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 7th, 2015 at 11:31:17 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Will we have to turn off our "smart" watches for takeoff and landing?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 7th, 2015 at 1:12:17 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: terapined
Once cell phones came out, got rid of my watch.

That's about my timeline of events, too.

It also helps computers have clocks, TVs and cable boxes display time, cars have clocks, etc.

And also the fact no watch I ever owned seemed to last past its first battery. Whenever the battery ran out and I took it to a jeweler to replace it, the watch just seemed to die a few weeks later. Goo thing I never owned an expensive watch (though, come to think of it....)
April 7th, 2015 at 6:51:01 PM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
I can't remember when I stopped wearing a watch. It was many years before I got a cell phone.

I also was one of the last people to get a cell phone, and one of the last to switch from a regular cell phone to a smart phone.

I also was one of those people who swore he'd never get so attached to his smart phone that he'd get separation anxiety.

Guess what?

I love my iPhone and I get nuts when I don't have it with me. I use it all the time. I joke that I use it for so many things, that I sometimes forget that it's also a phone.

But I still won't get a watch - smart, or otherwise.

For the record, I upgraded from an iPhone 3G to 5S shortly after the 6 was announced. I wanted something new, but the 6 is too damn big for my pocket. Then the reports of bending the 6 came out...

I also own other Apple products. I hate the Windoze PC on my desk at work...
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
April 10th, 2015 at 6:33:58 AM permalink
Nareed
I've decided to wait until the Apple Watch is passé. Then I can get one for peanuts. And later my heirs can try to sell it as a valuable, old collectible for ten to fifteen times what it's really worth. Can you not imagine Rick Harrison III saying "Millions of these were made for years. Yes, it's in excellent condition and it works, but you don't have the iphone to go with it. Fifteen million(*) is as high as I can go."

(*) Inflation, you know.
April 11th, 2015 at 10:51:49 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Clocks are everywhere, who needs a watch. In
my car, on my phone, all over my house. In
previous era's, people were satisfied knowing
the approximate time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 11th, 2015 at 12:37:07 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Questions about the iPhone:

1. Do you have to pay a monthly fee?
2. Can you make calls on it?
3. Does it have a map feature?
4. I hear one can get a tracking app, like Strava. Will said app know where it it based on cell phone towers or satellites?
5. Will I have to manually adjust the date every month with less than 31 days?
6. Is it entirely touch screen or does it have some side buttons? One thing I hate about my Garmin watch is that it is too easy to accidentally touch the face and who knows what you'll end up telling it to do.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 1 of 212>