Disney's Lamborghini ride

Page 1 of 212>
April 13th, 2015 at 9:12:35 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
If untrained amateur novices want to drive a Lamborghini at 165 mph on a designated racetrack, that's fine with me. Buckle up, sign the liability waiver, and have fun!

But is this a good idea for a ride at Disney World? No. In fact, it's a terrible idea for a ride at Disney World.

The attraction will be closing on June 28.
April 13th, 2015 at 10:41:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno
If untrained amateur novices want to drive a Lamborghini at 165 mph on a designated racetrack, that's fine with me. Buckle up, sign the liability waiver, and have fun!

But is this a good idea for a ride at Disney World? No. In fact, it's a terrible idea for a ride at Disney World.

The attraction will be closing on June 28.

Yeah, a simulator might have been a better idea. 40% of the drivers out there can probably barely manage I-95 on their way to the park.
The President is a fink.
April 13th, 2015 at 10:52:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Don't know how they set it up, but even as a driving instructor I would be 'afeared' of me life if I had anything harder than traffic cones nearby.

How fast can things happen in a high performance car with a clueless noob at the wheel?

edit - as a driving instructor with the noob driving, is what I meant.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 13th, 2015 at 11:59:12 AM permalink
reno
Maybe some of you guys will disagree with me on this, but the racetrack incident at Disney World reminds me of the Arizona shooting range incident with the 9 year old girl. In both cases, the instructors lost their lives while attempting to teach an inexperienced novice to operate extremely dangerous machinery.
April 13th, 2015 at 12:37:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Well, you will probably get an argument from someone, but it is inherently dangerous to become bored, or carless, or daydream while teaching someone anything that could cause injury or death.

That would be my fear as a long time instructor doing the same thing, day after day. There's definitely a danger if 100% of your attention isn't focused at critical moments. Sometimes you don't even focus enough while doing the thing, much less watching someone else.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 13th, 2015 at 1:04:51 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Maybe some of you guys will disagree with me on this, but the racetrack incident at Disney World reminds me of the Arizona shooting range incident with the 9 year old girl. In both cases, the instructors lost their lives while attempting to teach an inexperienced novice to operate extremely dangerous machinery.

What's to disagree with? Two people lost their lives instructing a novice on dangerous activities. There's nothing to disagree with. That's stone cold fact.

Now, if you went on to opine that it shouldn't be allowed, then yes, I would disagree. An army of uzi-wielding 9yr olds doesn't hold a candle to the terror of a nanny state.

I knew the risk inherent in strapping myself into a s#$%box with a quarter million miles on it and racing it around a track with 20 other hothead s#$%boxes. That's my decision to make. As is owning and carrying weapons, as is teaching my son to use them, as is plopping him on an ATV and letting him tear up the yard. I've already got him training on the simulator and, god willing, I'll have the finances to get him into karts within a few years. 8 more years and he'll be 14, and if he wants to race on the big track with dad, then we'll go race on the big track. My (and his mother's) decision. The way it should be. The only way.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 13th, 2015 at 1:15:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Face
An army of uzi-wielding 9yr olds doesn't hold a candle to the terror of a nanny state.

Well... I don't know. You may be out standing in your field, but I think I'll be running for cover should that army show up.
April 13th, 2015 at 1:27:27 PM permalink
Face
Quote: rxwine
Well... I don't know. You may be out standing in your field, but I think I'll be running for cover should that army show up.

As would I lol. But the danger of a person's actions cannot be everywhere at all times. You or I could leave the range, or the track, or the field of Toddlers and Tommy guns. The nanny state is inescapable. All your base are belong to them. No thanks. No way.
April 13th, 2015 at 2:05:12 PM permalink
reno
Quote: Face
An army of uzi-wielding 9yr olds doesn't hold a candle to the terror of a nanny state.

Fair point. True, it'd be nice to live in Sudan or Congo or Somalia where lots of children are used as soldiers. I certainly wouldn't want to live in a repressive nanny state like Japan where gun ownership is just 0.6 firearms per 100 people.
April 13th, 2015 at 2:51:09 PM permalink
Face
I certainly wouldn't want to live in a repressive nanny state like Japan where gun ownership is just 0.6 firearms per 100 people.

See? Told you I wouldn't disagree =)

Edit: I guess, what with the recent issues at WoV, I should state that I suspect reno's post was sarcasm, which I purposely took out of context to make a funny.
Page 1 of 212>