What's on your reading/listening list?

Page 11 of 13« First<8910111213>
April 18th, 2019 at 6:16:36 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 47
Posts: 5219
Quote: Fleastiff
April 19th !!1
Bosch goes undercover in a fentanyl sting in Season 5 on Amazon.


Interesting. I've read all the books. I don't really recall him ever going undercover
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 18th, 2019 at 6:47:43 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 57
Posts: 7296
Quote: terapined
Interesting. I've read all the books. I don't really recall him ever going undercover

Bosch season 5 is also the Snyder murder case revisited. It is based on the most recent book.
April 19th, 2019 at 5:25:37 AM permalink
aceofspades
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 71
Posts: 1395
Bosch was released yesterday (a day early) - I'm already through 3 episodes!!!
April 20th, 2019 at 10:51:38 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 57
Posts: 7296
I will definitely not be posting any spoilers, but I found that one crucial scene involving an ancient photograph went by too fast for me to notice a significant detail.
April 20th, 2019 at 11:08:58 AM permalink
aceofspades
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 71
Posts: 1395
TV: Almost finished with Bosch Season 5

Reading: Halfway through "The Dirt" (biography of Motley Crue)
April 20th, 2019 at 11:09:28 AM permalink
aceofspades
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 71
Posts: 1395
Quote: Fleastiff
I will definitely not be posting any spoilers, but I found that one crucial scene involving an ancient photograph went by too fast for me to notice a significant detail.



Yeah, I missed the detail as well
April 24th, 2019 at 11:48:48 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 57
Posts: 7296
I know it varies with time and the particular drugs involved, but usually drug addicts have bad oral hygiene so the producers should have seen to a bit of yellowing at the very least.

Titus Welliver must have gotten rich from this series, he made good money on The Good Wife, but this must be so much more.
April 24th, 2019 at 12:05:32 PM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 24
Posts: 1419
Shortly I am heading out for a 10 day vacation and need to load the Kindle up with at least 10 books. I generally read a book each way on the flight and one book a day while sitting on the beach. Hopefully I can find some interesting non-fiction for the flights and some fictional series or something for the beach time.
April 24th, 2019 at 12:22:52 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 47
Posts: 5219
Quote: DRich
Shortly I am heading out for a 10 day vacation and need to load the Kindle up with at least 10 books. I generally read a book each way on the flight and one book a day while sitting on the beach. Hopefully I can find some interesting non-fiction for the flights and some fictional series or something for the beach time.


Fiction - Michael Connelly
non-fiction - Into Thin Air
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 13th, 2019 at 12:52:14 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 47
Posts: 5219
Just read "The Girl on the Train"
It was made into a recent movie so I thought I would read the book 1st
I actually hated the book. Disliked every character, especially the main character, the girl on the train. alcoholic unemployed nosy loser
I actually sped read the last 1/2 just to quickly see the ending
Don't think I will watch the movie
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 11 of 13« First<8910111213>