So what happened?

Page 4 of 5<12345>
November 23rd, 2012 at 3:38:28 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
There is always the possibility that the extreme Republican position is not the same as the Republican position.

Just sayin'.

Bill O'Reilly's Leave it ti Beaver Nightmare

November 23rd, 2012 at 6:37:26 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
I like Tom the Dancing Bug.
November 23rd, 2012 at 7:58:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The GOP will defend outsourcing a good paying American job to non-American foreigners, while trying to keep same non-American citizens from working on actual U.S. soil.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 24th, 2012 at 3:30:00 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
The GOP will defend outsourcing a good paying American job to non-American foreigners, while trying to keep same non-American citizens from working on actual U.S. soil.

Yes, that is it. Of course. Democrats defend the right of unions to demand pay for their employees beyond the worth of their labor and the right of undocumented immigrants (illegal entrants) to take those jobs.

I love how Democrats/Liberals/Progressives here find so little fault in their own party yet find EVERYTHING wrong in the other one. I thought we all were smart enough to know that some of the bullshit President Obama is doing/trying to do is not good just as some of the bullshit some in the GOP want is not good.

There is a position between giving away everything to everyone and not doing anything for anyone. Mitt Romney touched on a very small part of the truth--and you've all seen it, even if you ignore it--there is a group of people in our society (maybe just maybe one large enough to sway the election...) that just want something for nothing. They want a nice car, nice home, fee phones, etc. The catch is that they don't want to work for it. They want Santa Claus to give it to them. They want YOU to be Santa Claus. They are happy enough living off what the government gives them.

God (0r whoever you believe in) love you if you really think we can support all of the takers. The tax increases on "the rich" will not be enough; the definition of "rich" will be expanded. If you make money, you are going to pay more taxes.
November 24th, 2012 at 4:42:01 AM permalink
Mosca
Quote: RonC
Mitt Romney touched on a very small part of the truth--and you've all seen it, even if you ignore it--there is a group of people in our society (maybe just maybe one large enough to sway the election...) that just want something for nothing. They want a nice car, nice home, fee phones, etc. The catch is that they don't want to work for it. They want Santa Claus to give it to them. They want YOU to be Santa Claus. They are happy enough living off what the government gives.

You're talking about investment brokers, aren't you! I knew you'd get it.
November 24th, 2012 at 5:17:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mosca

Maybe, Obama has given them plenty of cash as well. Wall Street gives more cash to Dems than the GOP.

I seriously wish someone would explain why people think "Rich" = "Republican"
The President is a fink.
November 24th, 2012 at 5:53:28 AM permalink
Mosca
Quote: AZDuffman
Maybe, Obama has given them plenty of cash as well. Wall Street gives more cash to Dems than the GOP.

I seriously wish someone would explain why people think "Rich" = "Republican"

Well, it probably doesn't break 50/50.

Understand, AZ, I'm just tweakin'. I don't think I'm going to change anyone's mind. I could have said, "Oh, you're talking about the Kardashians!" But it was early and I wasn't thinking all that quickly.
November 24th, 2012 at 6:11:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Well, it probably doesn't break 50/50.

Understand, AZ, I'm just tweakin'. I don't think I'm going to change anyone's mind. I could have said, "Oh, you're talking about the Kardashians!" But it was early and I wasn't thinking all that quickly.

I did figure so, but gotta carry weight for EB until he comes out of the WPP.
The President is a fink.
November 24th, 2012 at 6:17:00 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

There needs to be some reform of the way investments are handled and taxed...but even those guys that are hated so much (...but then given things by Obama, too, in an incredible act of positional flexibility) do SOMETHING to make money.

Also, I wouldn't say wealth is split 50/50 (because I really have no idea), but there are a hell of a lot of rich Democrats, too. Are they also evil?
November 24th, 2012 at 7:31:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: RonC
There needs to be some reform of the way investments are handled and taxed...but even those guys that are hated so much (...but then given things by Obama, too, in an incredible act of positional flexibility) do SOMETHING to make money.

What I would like to see is a way to let people build and keep their interest in what they build. With rare exception (Gates, Waltons) today you do not have that. The Rockefellers, Fords, Carnegies--they all managed their companies well because it was their money at stake. Today management has little to no stake in the comnpany!
The President is a fink.
Page 4 of 5<12345>