Mother Teresa to be canonised in September 2016

Page 2 of 3<123>
September 3rd, 2016 at 10:09:49 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I guarantee if you actually read this article you will offer me and Mother Teresa an apology.

Mother Teresa and her critics
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 3rd, 2016 at 11:49:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
I guarantee if you actually read this article you will offer me and Mother Teresa an apology.

Uh Huh.

"Mother Teresa was no saint, she was instead a moral monster, a sadistic religious fanatic who took pleasure in the suffering of others, and denied appropriate medical care to the sick and dying. Yet the Catholic propaganda machine, eager for good publicity and the opportunity to hustle the gullible, continues to promote the soon to be saint while ignoring evidence of her moral incompetence.'

There is overwhelming evidence that she
was a hypocrite and a fraud, propped up
by the Church as a money making machine.
She's being made a saint out of desperation
for that money making spigot to be opened
again.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/09/sadistic-religious-fanatic-mother-teresa-was-no-saint/#sthash.LbRavBFS.dpuf
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 4th, 2016 at 12:29:11 PM permalink
FrGamble
Did you read the article I recently posted?

I have no idea where you get the idea that the Missionaries of Charity are about making money. The accusations you level against Mother Teresa are unfounded and false.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 4th, 2016 at 12:47:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Did you read the article I recently posted?

I have no idea where you get the idea that the Missionaries of Charity are about making money. The accusations you level against Mother Teresa are unfounded and false.

What's amazing is, the books and articles criticizing
her were around long before she died and continue
to this day. From doctors and nurses who knew her,
from people who worked in her clinics and around
them, from investigative reporters. But according to
the Church, they are all 100% lies. That's just, well,
stupid. These people had nothing to gain from ratting
this evil woman out, they were just telling what they
saw. Scores of people who were bothered enough
to speak out about it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 4th, 2016 at 1:12:45 PM permalink
FrGamble
None of those articles are from doctors or nurses who knew her or worked extensively with her. Doesn't that worry or surprise you? None of the criticisms were from volunteers who knew her or worked with her extensively. Doesn't that also trouble you? Absolutely none of the criticisms come from any of the people she helped. That is where the praise and saintliness come from but you don't seem to want to listen to that at all.
September 4th, 2016 at 1:41:11 PM permalink
Evenbob
Absolutely none of the criticisms come from any of the people she helped. .

They're all dead, that's why they were there.
And volunteers have come forward. The point
is, why would ANYBODY come forward if
there was nothing awry going on. Let alone
scores of people who did so voluntarily, who
stood to gain nothing.

It does make you wonder, if the Church can
make a saint of of such an extremely flawed
person as Teresa, just to get money flowing
into their coffers again, what don't we know
about the other 'saints'. Time has erased all
all their dirty linen, and we know how masterful
the Church is at coverup's. They invented spin,
it's what FrG does here every day. Put's the
Church's spin on the truth.
September 4th, 2016 at 2:10:26 PM permalink
FrGamble
it is you who put the spin on by claiming Mother Teresa was anything but a saintly woman who gave up everything she had to follow Jesus and serve the poorest of the poor who no one else would touch. Seriously if you can quote one or two volunteers, none of whom really worked there long or know Mother Teresa and use that to spin up some false story she was not a wonderful person it gives us all pause as to what else you are spinning up to attach the Church or just about anything else you don't like.
September 4th, 2016 at 2:24:52 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
In the "news" (really just on the internet)

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/questioning-miracles-saint-teresa-49315

http://indianexpress.com/article/research/mother-teresa-canonisation-two-miracles-that-led-the-way-to-sainthood/lite/

https://www.google.com/amp/m.economictimes.com/news/science/why-attribute-irrational-miracles-to-mother-teresa/amp_articleshow/54001432.cms

One of those mentions the god of the gaps, and as you know I don't believe in attributing a cause to an event where to us the cause is unknown. Unknown is unknown. It then goes a step further in attributing intervention with god to a deceased person. Also without evidence. It could have been all those people who were praying for everyone's health in general, the explaination given for why we could not have a control group for measuring the effectiveness of prayer.

Of all of the people who are sick and dying, why does God miraculously cure so few? Why does he never heal amputees?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 4th, 2016 at 4:41:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
It has to be bizarre to Catholics who knew
Teresa, that now they can pray to her and
she will hear them, all because some body
of men say so. What preposterous silliness,
it makes me want to break into hysterical
laughter. 19 years dead and she's a saint.
Total insanity.
September 4th, 2016 at 5:13:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
It has to be bizarre to Catholics who knew
Teresa, that now they can pray to her and
she will hear them, all because some body
of men say so. What preposterous silliness,
it makes me want to break into hysterical
laughter. 19 years dead and she's a saint.
Total insanity.

Did you sent your resume for Devil's Advocate to Vatican City? How much postage was that or did they let you apply online?
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 3<123>