Where's a girl to get an abortion?

Page 1 of 3123>
September 19th, 2015 at 7:26:43 PM permalink
HotBlonde
Threads: 2
I just read that Planned Parenthood will lose their funding for one year if they keep providing abortions. So where is a woman to go get an abortion if not at Planned Parenthood? Serious question here.
September 19th, 2015 at 7:36:41 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: HotBlonde
I just read that Planned Parenthood will lose their funding for one year if they keep providing abortions. So where is a woman to go get an abortion if not at Planned Parenthood? Serious question here.

wasn't the issue more about consequences for harvesting organs after abortion?

I think it has been claimed there will still be adequate availability without PP. However, their supporters point out the other services that are provided to women needing the help.

Taxpayers not having to pay for abortion was respected until fairly recently [I think I have that right?] . When you think about it, otherwise people with deeply held beliefs are being forced to support what those beliefs oppose. Of course there are other things like that, that get taxpayer money, so that is another argument.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 19th, 2015 at 7:37:13 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I think you're the only ... person with female anatomy on this forum, so not the best place to ask.

I'm sure some will disagree, but it is my understanding that PP never did nor paid for abortions, but at most advised women where they could get one. With or without PP, I'm sure it won't be difficult to find a clinic that does them in California. Even without federal funding, I'm sure PP will still have a solid donor base and won't completely go away. If you're really serious, I know of somewhere in Vegas that I'm pretty sure does them.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 19th, 2015 at 7:59:17 PM permalink
HotBlonde
Quote: Wizard
I think you're the only ... person with female anatomy on this forum, so not the best place to ask.

I'm sure some will disagree, but it is my understanding that PP never did nor paid for abortions, but at most advised women where they could get one. With or without PP, I'm sure it won't be difficult to find a clinic that does them in California. Even without federal funding, I'm sure PP will still have a solid donor base and won't completely go away. If you're really serious, I know of somewhere in Vegas that I'm pretty sure does them.

I know for a fact PP does abortions.
September 19th, 2015 at 8:38:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 19th, 2015 at 8:50:35 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239

Care to expand on that?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 19th, 2015 at 9:15:41 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I know there used to be lots of small clinics in Vegas that did them. I can't say for sure if they still exist but I knew of at least six in the past.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 19th, 2015 at 9:56:08 PM permalink
HotBlonde
Quote: Wizard
Care to expand on that?
i know someone who got an abortion through PP
September 19th, 2015 at 10:31:11 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
so here is a serious response:

Much of medicine is political. breast cancer is political, there are no neutrals. Abortion is accepted in medicine but as sort of a well nice women don't do it and nice doctors don't do it either. so the advertisements and clinics are often in poorer areas and operate often as billing mills even if they also provide some treatment.

decades ago there was that doctor in Pennsylvania who charged forty dollars a visit ... obviously he was not doing it for the money. at the time, abortions were illegal, but all girls in boston had his phone number.

Now that there is legality involved, the battle shifts to insurance and equipment and publicity.

still open any yellow pages... ts available.
September 20th, 2015 at 3:28:34 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
It's very unlikely Planned Parenthood will lose any funding. The idea doesn't even appeal to a majority of Republicans. They may pass a bill in Congress, but they won't have the votes to override a veto.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 1 of 3123>