Upcoming Primaries

May 19th, 2016 at 11:45:48 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Here's a chart of all the general matchup polls from 2012 that may prove to be helpful over the next few months:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

5/14/12-5/16/12 Rasumussen Reports

Romney +1

Romney 46%, Obama 45%
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 19th, 2016 at 11:55:03 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: TheCesspit
I hope The Donald's own past with women is squeaky clean,
That's what stop's me from running for POTUS
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 20th, 2016 at 2:20:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Polls Now Firmly on Trump’s Side as Candidate Masterfully Adopts Hillary’s Greatest Strength

'Do four major polls officially make a trend? It’s safe to say yes. And if that’s the case, Donald Trump is now either in a dead heat nationally or even beating Hillary Clinton, with momentum decidedly going his way.'

http://www.mediaite.com/online/polls-now-firmly-on-trumps-side-as-candidate-masterfully-adopts-hillarys-greatest-strength/
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 20th, 2016 at 2:30:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Polls Now Firmly on Trump’s Side as Candidate Masterfully Adopts Hillary’s Greatest Strength

'Do four major polls officially make a trend? It’s safe to say yes. And if that’s the case, Donald Trump is now either in a dead heat nationally or even beating Hillary Clinton, with momentum decidedly going his way.'

http://www.mediaite.com/online/polls-now-firmly-on-trumps-side-as-candidate-masterfully-adopts-hillarys-greatest-strength/

Interesting to see that the media is finally being seen for as biased as they are. So in the tank have they been for Obama and Hillary that their credibility is lost. Of course it helps to have an alpha male who does not cower in fear of them but rather shows them for what they are.

You got to feel bad for the interns in Hillary's campaign. They must be getting brutalized.
The President is a fink.
May 20th, 2016 at 2:49:17 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Interesting to see that the media is finally being seen for as biased as they are. So in the tank have they been for Obama and Hillary that their credibility is lost. Of course it helps to have an alpha male who does not cower in fear of them but rather shows them for what they are.

You got to feel bad for the interns in Hillary's campaign. They must be getting brutalized.

Who cares about the media or polls
Its all garbage

Its all about odds.
Money talks and BS walks

Lets look at reality
If John Miller is ahead, every better in the UK will wipe out the bookies with a huge advantage due to wrong odds
Gamblers in the UK are always looking for an advantage
yet it is not happening. No big money on John Miller or the odds would change
Bookies still have Clinton as the favorite

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/winner
According to EB and AZ John Miller ahead
I'm still giddy
I will still offer even money on Clinton because its an excellent bet
Any takers :-)
Why do John Miller supporters always want odds
That's the reality of the race, Miller is behind and they know it.

Is their a chance I can lose, of course
But as the Wiz says, its not whether you win or lose, its whether you made a good bet :-)
Just looking to make a good bet :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 20th, 2016 at 5:22:20 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: terapined
Who cares about the media or polls
Its all garbage

Its all about odds.
Money talks and BS walks

Lets look at reality
If John Miller is ahead, every better in the UK will wipe out the bookies with a huge advantage due to wrong odds
Gamblers in the UK are always looking for an advantage
yet it is not happening. No big money on John Miller or the odds would change
Bookies still have Clinton as the favorite

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/winner
According to EB and AZ John Miller ahead
I'm still giddy
I will still offer even money on Clinton because its an excellent bet
Any takers :-)
Why do John Miller supporters always want odds
That's the reality of the race, Miller is behind and they know it.

Is their a chance I can lose, of course
But as the Wiz says, its not whether you win or lose, its whether you made a good bet :-)
Just looking to make a good bet :-)

Remember: yesterday EvenBob claimed that the bookies will soon follow suit and will start to favor John MillerTrump.
May 20th, 2016 at 5:27:08 PM permalink
ams288
I've said it before and I'll say it again: once Bernie is out and endorses Hillary, the polls will go back to normal.

Until then, we are just going to have to suffer through the righties acting like Trump is going to win....
May 20th, 2016 at 6:05:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob

Yeah, let's review a little. Here's Obama's quote on people who probably weren't voting for him.

Quote:
And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Here's Romney's about people who also weren't voting for him.

Quote:
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what ... who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... and so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives,"

And here's Trump on voters who are ACTUALLY VOTING FOR Trump.

Quote:
"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters,"

Yeah, it's audacious that Trump can pull it off. He obviously is an alpha male, because his followers are literally bent over like the inmate designated as the prison cell wife. He could do anything and they'll still vote for him and he has said as much. They take it, and they like it apparently.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 20th, 2016 at 7:15:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
I've said it before and I'll say it again: once Bernie is out and endorses Hillary, the polls will go back to normal.

Not quite sure why you think this. She has been the presumptive nominee forever. Trump got a bump because he actually convinced people to follow him. Hillary has been losing people to Bernie because she has no personality to convince people.
The President is a fink.
May 21st, 2016 at 2:44:11 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: ams288

Until then, we are just going to have to suffer through the righties acting like Trump is going to win....

The 3rd term presidency refers to the fact that neither the Democrats or the Republicans have won a third presidential term in a row (except Herbert Bush in 1988) since the Democrats won 5 elections in a row from 1932-1948.

Among the states that voted for President Obama both times, there was a drop in the number of voters that voted for him from 2008 to 2012. Summing to -5.16% for the U.S.A. Total.

Trump is eyeing three large states that seem to be souring to Democrats that could give him the Presidency. Currently the parties of the governor, senators, and congress for each state follows:

Florida: Rick Scott Republican
Gary Peters Democratic
Marco Rubio Retiring to run for U.S. President
Congress Republican 17-10

Michigan: Rick Snyder Republican
Debbie Stabenow Democratic
Gary Peters Democratic
Congress Republican 9-5

Pennsylvania: Tom Wolf Democratic
Bob Casey, Jr. Democratic
Pat Toomey Republican (up for Re-election)
Congress Republican 13-5

1. 8.65% District of Columbia
  2. 2.97% Maryland
  3. 2.67% Colorado
  4. 0.90% Massachusetts
  5. 0.63% Virginia
  6. 0.26% Washington
  7. -0.44% Nevada
  8. -0.77% Iowa
  9. -1.03% Florida Trump eyeing this state
  10. -1.73% Minnesota
  11. -3.35% Wisconsin
  12. -3.82% Ohio
  13. -3.97% New Hampshire†
  14. -4.08% New Jersey
  15. -4.89% Maine★
  16. -5.04% Delaware
  17. -5.08% California
  18. -5.70% Rhode Island
  19. -5.90% Hawaii
  20. -6.44% Oregon
  21. -6.64% New York
  22. -8.73% Pennsylvania Trump eyeing this state
  23. -9.13% Vermont
  24. -9.29% Connecticut
  25. -10.72% Michigan Trump eyeing this state
  26. -11.69% Illinois
  27. -12.08% New Mexico

2012 results
Obama Electoral vote 332; States carried: 26 + DC
Romney Electoral vote 206; States carried: 24

Electoral votes battleground
29 Florida
20 Pennsylvania
16 Michigan

Trump 206+65=271
Hillary 332-65=267

Other battleground states are Virginia, Nevada, Iowa, Ohio, New Hampshire, and New Jersey

The always discussed tie electoral college vote is Trump wins Florida, Ohio and Michigan . Republicans dominate congress so Trump wins.