Upcoming Primaries

May 19th, 2016 at 4:43:11 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: ams288
Obama could absolutely get elected for a third term.

There are 52/100 senators that entered the Senate on January 21, 2009 or earlier. President Obama was, inaugurated on Jan 20, 2009.

Patrick Leahy, Washington's Longest-Serving Senator, will seek an 8th six year term this fall.
May 19th, 2016 at 6:48:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin
Do you think that this strategy is the surest path to a win, or do you think he should take a higher road?

Bush took a higher road against Democrat attacks especially in his second term. Look where it got him. Hillary wants to run as Mrs Bill Clinotn so it is fair game.
The President is a fink.
May 19th, 2016 at 7:26:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I am all for John MillerTrump attacking Hillary based on Bill's indiscretions.

It.... dare I say.... makes Hillary seem more likeable (especially amongst women). Never a good idea to blame the wife for the actions of the husband.

And no one will be able to say that "Hillary was given a pass" on this, as they would have had any other candidate run against her and ignored this issue.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 19th, 2016 at 7:50:13 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Bush took a higher road against Democrat attacks especially in his second term. Look where it got him. Hillary wants to run as Mrs Bill Clinotn so it is fair game.

Its absolutely fair game
There is also an old conservative male perception that the wife counts for nothing and its a Mans world
Woman don't like the "Its a mans world" attitude towards women
John Miller should absolutely attack a non candidate instead of the candidate herself
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 19th, 2016 at 9:45:08 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: ams288
It.... dare I say.... makes Hillary seem more likeable (especially amongst women). Never a good idea to blame the wife for the actions of the husband.

It is a deeply personal attack on the character of your opponent, in a race which ostensibly is about public policy. It is going to alienate millions of people, and resonate with millions more. He is trying to shred what she is painting as a historic breakthrough, the first female POTUS.

I am not defending his actions as I think he is taking this issue to the gutter. But I also think it will resonate with more people than it alienates.
May 19th, 2016 at 10:50:30 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
I hope The Donald's own past with women is squeaky clean, if he decides to go that route.

Of course, I see these attacks as evidence that he doesn't have a firm public policy he stands behind and wants to talk about. Because if he does, I think the right will find he's much more centrist than they really want.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
May 19th, 2016 at 10:58:08 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Rasmussen: White House Watch: Trump 42%, Clinton 37%

Eerily reminiscent of last summer when it
was predicted by absolutely everybody
that Trump had a less than zero chance
of being elected dog catcher. He got ahead
early in the polls and never looked back.
Yesterday the Fox poll, now this. Soon the
bookies will follow suit. Maybe Hillary can
rewrite her and Bills horrendous past and she
can grow a real personality. Maybe not..

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 19th, 2016 at 11:22:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
It is a deeply personal attack on the character of your opponent, in a race which ostensibly is about public policy. It is going to alienate millions of people, and resonate with millions more. He is trying to shred what she is painting as a historic breakthrough, the first female POTUS.

I am not defending his actions as I think he is taking this issue to the gutter. But I also think it will resonate with more people than it alienates.

Look at the last race. Charges of a war on women. Made up stories about not paying taxes. This is how the game is now played. Liberals will get upset that Trump learned the lesson to play it instead of hiring a dozen useless consultants. Fwiw it was never about policy. Hillary has tried more to run as first chick to be potus. Trump is using what works.
The President is a fink.
May 19th, 2016 at 11:31:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Rasmussen: White House Watch: Trump 42%, Clinton 37%

Eerily reminiscent of last summer when it
was predicted by absolutely everybody
that Trump had a less than zero chance
of being elected dog catcher. He got ahead
early in the polls and never looked back.
Yesterday the Fox poll, now this. Soon the
bookies will follow suit. Maybe Hillary can
rewrite her and Bills horrendous past and she
can grow a real personality. Maybe not..

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch

Neither one is anywhere near 50%.... Who are the other 21% of Americans voting for?

Also, EB says the bookies will soon follow suit. Let's hold him to that prediction. ;)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 19th, 2016 at 11:38:36 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

The gutter holds peoples attention, playing all
nice and fair bores them to death. I was reading
some things candidates would claim in 1900.
It was far worse than anything they do now.
Your opponent visited brothels almost daily,
has a mistress, has another wife on the other
side of town, has an STD, flunked out of grade
school, and killed somebody when he was 16.

Anything and everything was said, none of it true.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.