Who grew up in smallest house?

Page 4 of 4<1234
November 20th, 2015 at 7:02:37 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Ayecarumba
The house I grew up in was built in the 30's, and was the front end of a duplex. It was about 1000 sq. feet with two bedrooms and one bathroom. The crazy part is that there were six of us in this space. One bathroom for six people is a recipe for trouble, especially when dinner was "10 chili dogs for a dollar" at the "Pup 'N Taco" on the corner.

See, now your talking about lower middle class housing in Hong Kong (6 people in 1000 square feet).

The red home in the original post is not really a mobile home. It's a demonstration home to make people think of plastics as good for the environment. So he is actually towing it from convention to convention.

Many of the tiny house people envision their home as either mobile, or easily movable. But not everyone cars about moving. There are not a lot of zoning laws that support these small houses.
November 21st, 2015 at 8:49:59 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
I couldn't find it exactly, but it looks like the townhouse that I grew up in was about 950 square feet. There were 5 of us.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Page 4 of 4<1234