Ex-Muslim atheists, agnostics, and deists.

Page 2 of 2<12
December 5th, 2015 at 6:01:15 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
It is the opposite of sin to be clever or to use your brain. I hope and pray more Muslims will use their God given intellect to truly examine their faith.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 5th, 2015 at 6:08:06 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
Exactly my point.

Spiritual appropriation?

Yes. we've known this for a long, long time.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 6th, 2015 at 12:08:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Her ex-Muslim site also welcomes deists.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 6th, 2015 at 4:22:24 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: FrGamble
One of the greatest things to happen to Christianity has been the development of serious Biblical studies, led by our Protestant brothers and sisters.

Wow!!!

Quote:
I doubt the Quran would stand up to this and it would help people think critically about their faith...

There sure is little sign of that developing.

Reza Aslan wrote that enlightening book "Zealot" in order to give Christians generally a taste of the Higher Criticism that we ourselves put in place ... but is he an advocate of the same for Islam? I just decided to read some of his other books, I don't know the answer. If so he is a rarity, but maybe it can happen in America. Hope that the US might ultimately have a different experience with Islam keeps springing afresh in my breast. It does seem our problem is radicalism from overseas.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 6th, 2015 at 4:24:55 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Googling " moderate american muslims" and not coming up with much that is encouraging.

Did get the below,

http://www.muslimsforamerica.us/

guess what? Seems to be a group of women!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 6th, 2015 at 5:03:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
Googling " moderate american muslims" and not coming up with much that is encouraging.

Did get the below,

http://www.muslimsforamerica.us/

guess what? Seems to be a group of women!

If the starting point is more extreme, moderate may seem less moderate to us. Moving halfway doesn't take you as far as people who share similar views who move closer together to a compromising viewpoint.

But I don't know if that's part of it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 2 of 2<12