Now that the incandescent bulbs are gone, what's next?

Page 3 of 3<123
December 30th, 2015 at 1:44:21 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
I have never seen different flavors, not that I've ever looked.

I don't know about domestic-use LEDs because they're still too expensive for my taste. But fluorescents do come in either warm or cold/cool versions.

I do have a white (ie cold/cool) LED flashlight. I only use it to light my way when needed and it's perfectly fine. I wouldn't care to read by its light, though.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 30th, 2015 at 2:09:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face
I, once, had a bulb out of a stadium pole. I can't remember what it was rated, but it was over 300W. You could spot a coon in a tree with it and it'd be cooked and ready to serve before it hit the ground. Fearsome powerful.
I contracted relighting a baseball field and I got the old lights.

I had a shop [with pit] and I thought the lights were 1000w's, so I put in 4. Turns out they were 3000w each. I would work on rigs at night with the lights flipped on, it was beautiful but you had to wear a baseball hat or sunglasses.

I could literally open the hood on a pickup without a drop light and look around, it was so well lit, there were no shadows in the engine compartment. No shadow, it was that friggin light.

They were also quartz light, the closest to sunlight to the eye. Love me some quartz light, still.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 3 of 3<123