Threads: 73
So many murders in this country
Every once in a while a case catches my attention and this one has
My jaw just drops regarding this case
2 smart engineering students at VA Tech with bright futures murder a 13yr old
It just didn't happen, they planned it
Really shocking
They talked a lot about murdering this little girl
How, where and when. Wow. I cant even comprehend having that kind of conversation
They come from Christian families
They grew up in Columbia MD
I grew up in Columbia Maryland, its a wonderful place to grow up. Typical upper middle class community with everything a kid would want.
How do kids like these become monsters?
Were these budding serial killers?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/va-tech-student-charged-in-blacksburg-teens-killing-to-appear-in-court/2016/02/04/7f37673c-cb4d-11e5-88ff-e2d1b4289c2f_story.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 4th, 2016 at 2:47:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
So many murders in this country
My jaw just drops regarding this case
2 smart engineering students at VA Tech with bright futures murder a 13yr old
It just didn't happen, they planned it
Really shocking
They talked a lot about murdering this little girl
How, where and when. Wow. I cant even comprehend having that kind of conversation
They come from Christian families
I grew up in Columbia Maryland, its a wonderful place to grow up. Typical upper middle class community with everything a kid would want.
How do kids like these become monsters?
Were these budding serial killers?

Crazy sick, this is a near copycat of Leopold and Loeb.
The President is a fink.
February 4th, 2016 at 2:54:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Yeah, I started reading about this case earlier today. There are just some oddball people in the world.

I don't think it was but a couple years ago, I read about 2 guys ordering a pizza so they could gun down the pizza delivery guy as he got out of his car just so they could see what it was like to kill someone.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 4th, 2016 at 3:17:36 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239

I lived about 10 miles from Columbia through the 90's and went there often.

However, we can't blame Columbia. I'd lay long odds these two were very mentally sick and were born that way. Given that they were engineering students probably meant women wouldn't give them the time day, which couldn't have helped any. Not that women don't like engineering, but male students in the hard sciences tend to be socially awkward, which is a huge turn-off to the opposite sex, and the loneliness and anger about that tends to fester.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
February 4th, 2016 at 3:36:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Wizard
I'd lay long odds these two were very mentally sick and were born that way. Given that they were engineering students probably meant women wouldn't give them the time day, which couldn't have helped any. Not that women don't like engineering, but male students in the hard sciences tend to be socially awkward, which is a huge turn-off to the opposite sex, and the loneliness and anger about that tends to fester.

Here is actually a video of the male killer. The local TV station did a segment on him. Student athlete of the week. He's the all-American kid you would be proud to have your daughter dating. Smart kid, accomplished athlete. The guy is going places. Unfortunately its now prison, probably for life.

Here is the female accomplice
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 4th, 2016 at 4:13:07 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Wizard
I lived about 10 miles from Columbia through the 90's and went there often.

However, we can't blame Columbia. I'd lay long odds these two were very mentally sick and were born that way. Given that they were engineering students probably meant women wouldn't give them the time day, which couldn't have helped any. Not that women don't like engineering, but male students in the hard sciences tend to be socially awkward, which is a huge turn-off to the opposite sex, and the loneliness and anger about that tends to fester.

I like the way you've assumed that they were both male engineering students... :)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 4th, 2016 at 5:34:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
In the victims pic, she looks like a special
needs kid. She had to endure endless
bullying and abuse from other students.
The male killer had an 'inappropriate
relationship' with the 13 year old? He
probably killed her so she wouldn't
get him in trouble. The girl who helped
him must be batshit crazy.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 4th, 2016 at 6:55:45 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
There seems to be something diabolical going on at Virginia Tech. They have had such awful things consistently happening there, it is scary. Pray for that campus.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 4th, 2016 at 7:10:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Pray for that campus.

I'd rather see them take real action,
praying will accomplish nothing at
all except to waste your time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 4th, 2016 at 7:16:16 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
I'd rather see them take real action,
praying will accomplish nothing at
all except to waste your time.

Prayer is what will lead to real, thoughtful, and healing action.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
Page 1 of 212>