Clue Game 4

Page 13 of 14« First<1011121314>
February 12th, 2016 at 6:20:03 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Congrats!!!! I was so far off its not even funny.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 12th, 2016 at 6:44:30 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I, Scarlet, had Plum, Pillow, Candlestick, and Hall. I only ever showed one, the Candlestick, and that was to Mme. Peacock, so you (miplet) were kind of screwed without at least my info.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 12th, 2016 at 8:21:33 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Man, I had literally just redone my detective card because I kept screwing it up and I was closer than I thought. Fun game everyone.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 13th, 2016 at 3:02:06 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
everyone's cards

_

Scr BBB

Plum card
Pillow
Candlestick
HaLL

_

Mst FrG

scarlet card
revolver
ballroom
Library
_

Grn Miplet

Lounge
Knife
BilliardRoom
DiningRoom

_

Pck Wizard

Study
Poison
Wrench
White card

_

Plm PacoM

Peacock card
Green card
LeadPipe
Kitchen
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 13th, 2016 at 3:06:28 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: miplet
Congrats!!!! I was so far off its not even funny.

Well, I think we all know Miplet is very thorough, so that proves to me something I was wondering about: players don't wind up all having equal access to the critical information. Edit: maybe especially so in this game, when suggestions tended to "not travel" much.

Note too, this time Scarlet did not win.
February 13th, 2016 at 10:11:22 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Quote: odiousgambit
Well, I think we all know Miplet is very thorough, so that proves to me something I was wondering about: players don't wind up all having equal access to the critical information. Edit: maybe especially so in this game, when suggestions tended to "not travel" much.

Ummm...yeah, thanks for pointing that out, Coach! lol....kidding.

You ran a great game, OG; I liked the quicker pace, and that was up to you. Thanks for doing it.

It seems to me that you (or any non-player) could have run Mrs. White's cards for clue distribution, without making guesses yourself. I think the long runs didn't happen (in part) because we each had 4 cards, but I don't know that. Might be worth trying, and probably no extra work, with you checking in frequently anyway.

This game worked in the voids, and for me, Peacock's cards were the key. At the point I was almost there, I knew 3 of Peacock's cards, and he was the only one I didn't know didn't have either the Conservatory or Mustard from the board play. (He knew what he had, of course.) His last card became apparent with the Mustard/Green guesses, and it wasn't either of those, so they had to be right.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 13th, 2016 at 10:16:53 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: odiousgambit

Also players had 4 cards so it made figuring out what everyone had harder. Anyway I'm busy the next few days , but can be the dealer for next game. I should be done with my disprove program by Tuesday.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
February 13th, 2016 at 10:36:51 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: beachbumbabs
Ummm...yeah, thanks for pointing that out, Coach! lol....kidding.

You ran a great game, OG; I liked the quicker pace, and that was up to you. Thanks for doing it.
You're welcome, but I suspect players making themselves available was the bigger factor
Quote:
It seems to me that you (or any non-player) could have run Mrs. White's cards for clue distribution, without making guesses yourself.
That has occurred to me; I almost suggested it but thought it might delay a game Wizard wanted to get going. It is also true that anyone can start playing and if bored with it or something comes up, just drop out. The problem comes in when the player that doesnt want to play leaves us in the dark about it
Quote:
I think the long runs didn't happen (in part) because we each had 4 cards, but I don't know that. Might be worth trying, and probably no extra work, with you checking in frequently anyway.
Hadn't occurred to me, but maybe no more than 3 cards is best
Quote: miplet
Also players had 4 cards so it made figuring out what everyone had harder.
That's two of you thinking that.
Quote:
Anyway I'm busy the next few days , but can be the dealer for next game. I should be done with my disprove program by Tuesday.
I'll play. BBB, did you want to be dealer? I'm OK with Miplet or you. Let's distribute all the cards to the 6 characters next time, even if we have less than 6 playing.

PS: If all the cards are distributed to all 6, it also ends the problem of only two players perhaps. And makes 3 players a better game maybe
February 13th, 2016 at 12:10:37 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
I am willing to be dealer for the next game; would like to try it, anyway. I have a few things on my plate, but should be able to be on here 5-6x a day to keep the game moving. So I'll start a new thread and see if we get enough players.
February 13th, 2016 at 1:26:06 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
In the WoV competitive tradition, here is a recap of games 1 to 4. For the score of each game, I gave all losers -1 and the winner points according to how many opponents he beat, so it is always a "net zero" game.

Player Score Game 1 Game 2 Game 3 Game 4
odiousgambit 5 -1 6
rxwine 4 -1 5
wizard 2 -1 -1 4
miplet 1 3 -1 -1
pacomartin -1 -1
azduffman -2 -1 -1
TheCesspit -2 -1 -1
FrGamble -3 -1 -1 -1
beachbumbabs -4 -1 -1 -1 -1
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 13 of 14« First<1011121314>