13 votes (50%)
10 votes (38.46%)
3 votes (11.53%)

26 members have voted

February 24th, 2016 at 5:32:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Surprised this is an issue
Was watching a conservative on TV defending his bill for not giving trans gender people a choice
His view is he is protecting children from visuals in the bathroom
??????????
Huh
protect from what?
I've used public rest rooms my whole life and not once have I seen anybody's private parts.
I go in a private stall, do my business, leave the private stall to wash my hands.
A public rest room does not mean people are flashing lol
There is privacy due to stalls
I even do number 1 in a stall for privacy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 24th, 2016 at 6:47:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Use the restroom proper for your birth gender or hold it until you get home. Simple common sense. That it has to be a law shows what a sad state our society has fallen to.
The President is a fink.
February 24th, 2016 at 7:12:07 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I think this one is very simple. If you have a Y chromosome you use the restroom designated for males unless there is a gender neutral restroom available.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 24th, 2016 at 9:06:57 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Use the restroom proper for your birth gender or hold it until you get home. Simple common sense. That it has to be a law shows what a sad state our society has fallen to.

What if I have had compelte gender reassignment? What if my birth gender was female, but my biological sex is female? 'Hold it till you get home'. I love compassionate conservatism....

That anyone gives a shit about this shows what a sad state society has to come out of.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 24th, 2016 at 9:41:31 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: TheCesspit
What if I have had compelte gender reassignment? What if my birth gender was female, but my biological sex is female? 'Hold it till you get home'. I love compassionate conservatism....

That anyone gives a shit about this shows what a sad state society has to come out of.

Totally agree
I could care less who is in the stall next to me
Male, female, transgender, martian , who cares.
Regardless who is in a stall next to me, it in no way prevents me from doing my business

Just so weird that conservatives are so nosy to the point they want to know about the private parts of the person in the next stall before deciding if its all right for that person to do their business in that stall.
Mind your own business in your own stall.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 24th, 2016 at 9:44:24 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined
Totally agree
I could care less who is in the stall next to me
Male, female, transgender, martian , who cares.
Regardless who is in a stall next to me, it in no way prevents be from doing my business

Just so weird that conservatives are so nosy to the point they want to know about the private parts of the person in the next stall before deciding if its all right for that person to do their business in that stall.
Mind your own business in your own stall.

I think your position would be much stronger by advocating that restrooms be gender neutral. I would have no problem with that but as long as the restrooms are designated by gender I think it is appropriate to follow that.
February 24th, 2016 at 9:49:57 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: TheCesspit
What if I have had compelte gender reassignment?

I am not familiar with complete gender reassignment but doubt that it is even possible. I would assume that you would have to modify all of the sex chromosomes in the body. I will have to read up on that to see if it is possible or has ever been attempted.
February 24th, 2016 at 9:57:54 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: DRich
I am not familiar with complete gender reassignment but doubt that it is even possible. I would assume that you would have to modify all of the sex chromosomes in the body. I will have to read up on that to see if it is possible or has ever been attempted.

Do you know what your chromosomes are? Do you even know what chromosomes are?

A rather large number of typical, cisgender women have an XY genotype in the last chromosome pair, but either lack the SRY gene in the Y chromosome, or have a different genetic condition which produces androgen insensitivity (and there are various means for that).

You'd define gender by microscopic structures secured in the middle of all cells? Do your liver cells define your gender? Your heart cells? Your lower bowel cells?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 24th, 2016 at 9:58:39 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I've actually used a rest room that had both males and females using it. It was the closest to the theater. Strange experience ... I guess actors and artists just don't care much.

I think the LA sheriff's rule should apply. If there is a penis, ... mens jail. If there is not, women's jail.
Same thing with bathrooms.
February 24th, 2016 at 10:08:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Use the restroom proper for your birth gender or hold it until you get home.

Well, at least you're okay with men dressed like women at the urinals with you.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 1 of 251234>Last »