Plus size models

Page 2 of 2<12
March 6th, 2016 at 12:25:06 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I hate the term "plus size". I hate most every term used to describe a woman who's bigger than acceptable societal standards for beauty, but "plus size" irks me the most. GTFO with your pandering nonsense.

I'm also pretty tired of what constitutes "sexy". Maybe it's the mail, but it's freaking non-stop. It is impossible as a virile man to forget about your penis. Like, sometimes I just want to BE, you know? It's... well, Louis CK sums it up quite nicely...

Quote: Louis CK
Women try to compete. They’re like, “Well I’m a pervert. You don’t know. I have really sick sexual thoughts.” I’m like, “No, you have no idea. You have no idea. Cause you see, you get to have those thoughts. I have to have those thoughts. You’re a tourist in sexual perversion. I’m a prisoner there. You’re Jane Fonda on a tank. I’m John McCain in the hut.”

We ain't getting away from sex. Fine. But can we at least modify it? Like, women do s@#$. Did you know that? Like, cool ass s#$%. They have passions, too. Who'da thunk? Have you ever seen a woman, fully clothed, no hair and make up, lost in her passion? It's not shabby. Not shabby at all...

I'm just so tired of "Here's someone whose accomplishments are 1) good at genetics, and 2) had $5k to stuff under their skin". Or maybe I'm so tired that it works. I dunno. But I just wanna BE.

Oh,... we're all being real here, right? Can drop the PC a bit? OK, good.

Kate Upton is a refrigerator with t!ts. There. I said it. 2/10, would not bang.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 6th, 2016 at 1:19:39 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Face
I hate the term "plus size". I hate most every term used to describe a woman who's bigger than acceptable societal standards for beauty, but "plus size" irks me the most. GTFO with your pandering nonsense.

I'm also pretty tired of what constitutes "sexy". Maybe it's the mail, but it's freaking non-stop. It is impossible as a virile man to forget about your penis. Like, sometimes I just want to BE, you know? It's... well, Louis CK sums it up quite nicely...

Quote: Louis CK
Women try to compete. They’re like, “Well I’m a pervert. You don’t know. I have really sick sexual thoughts.” I’m like, “No, you have no idea. You have no idea. Cause you see, you get to have those thoughts. I have to have those thoughts. You’re a tourist in sexual perversion. I’m a prisoner there. You’re Jane Fonda on a tank. I’m John McCain in the hut.”

We ain't getting away from sex. Fine. But can we at least modify it? Like, women do s@#$. Did you know that? Like, cool ass s#$%. They have passions, too. Who'da thunk? Have you ever seen a woman, fully clothed, no hair and make up, lost in her passion? It's not shabby. Not shabby at all...

I'm just so tired of "Here's someone whose accomplishments are 1) good at genetics, and 2) had $5k to stuff under their skin". Or maybe I'm so tired that it works. I dunno. But I just wanna BE.

Oh,... we're all being real here, right? Can drop the PC a bit? OK, good.

Kate Upton is a refrigerator with t!ts. There. I said it. 2/10, would not bang.

Love. It. Classic post, Face!

Every one of my favorite pictures of me are when I'm "lost in my passion". Canoeing, standing midstream in a bikini, squinting into the sun among a group of my friends. Tenting/camping, grouped together outside the flaps. Jetskiing, covered with a full life vest but grinning like a crazy woman. My dad walking me down the stairs from the beach house at the wedding into my guests all smiling up at me from the back yard (a candid shot that outdid all the posed ones). Standing on the windowsill of a NASCAR racecar I'd just gone nearly 200 mph around the Daytona track under the lights, helmet in my hand. Standing next to a biplane I'd just learned acrobatics in. All just me, happy in the moment, and I bet you'd say, "geez, she's beautiful" even if you'd never met me, because the happy shines through.

Quote:

Just read this again. Yeah, this especially. We are so surface-focused. Then, first wrinkle, it's over, if there's nothing else to offer.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 6th, 2016 at 1:54:30 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: beachbumbabs

Every one of my favorite pictures of me are when I'm "lost in my passion". Canoeing, standing midstream in a bikini, squinting into the sun among a group of my friends. Tenting/camping, grouped together outside the flaps. Jetskiing, covered with a full life vest but grinning like a crazy woman. My dad walking me down the stairs from the beach house at the wedding into my guests all smiling up at me from the back yard (a candid shot that outdid all the posed ones). Standing on the windowsill of a NASCAR racecar I'd just gone nearly 200 mph around the Daytona track under the lights, helmet in my hand. Standing next to a biplane I'd just learned acrobatics in. All just me, happy in the moment, and I bet you'd say, "geez, she's beautiful" even if you'd never met me, because the happy shines through.

Not often that Face's posts get one upped but that is exactly what Babs did here. Wow, great post!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 6th, 2016 at 2:01:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Just read this again. Yeah, this especially. We are so surface-focused. Then, first wrinkle, it's over,

They say 90% of the brains info about
the world around us comes from our
eyes. What we see dominates everything
whether we like it or not.

I have a niece who got married to a really
nice guy. Smart as a whip, 2 degrees,
mid 20's. He should be on a fast track
to the top of his field. He has one flaw.
He's butt ugly. Not deformed, just ugly.
He looks like a young Popeye the Sailor.

Because of this, he can't get any job that
he really needs to get. His credentials are
A+, but nobody wants to look at him every
day. Even my wife's family doesn't understand
why she married a guy so unattractive.

Imagine Popeye at 26, it's not that far off.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 6th, 2016 at 5:55:33 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
We are so surface-focused. Then, first wrinkle, it's over, if there's nothing else to offer.

Its an attitude fostered by teen age fan magazines and the like. Twelve year old girls focusing on pimples, most of them purely imaginary. Trained to buy goop and glop, go to the beauty parlor, ... not encouraged to go skydiving or wind surfing or join a rifle club.

They expect to meet Mr. Right at the Goop and Glop Store? They expect to meet Mr. Right at the Beauty Parlor?

They are more likely to be approached at the Rifle Club and at least the man will also be interested in sport shooting. "Breaking the ice" is easier if there is common ground such as ballistics, powder load, scope sights, etc.

The problem is that many girls are still brought up to be "marshmallows"...soft, cuddly, but not particularly filling. Nothing inside the attractive exterior. The National Enquirer becomes their higher literature. The only artistic display is with nail polish, gossip is their only conversation. No wonder that at that first wrinkle, they panic. And go buy more wrinkle cream. Its all they really know how to do.

Go out and DO something. Rock climbing? Sky diving? Book Signing? Lecture on the botany of cocktails? Wine tasting? People with passion are happy, albeit sometimes a bit wrinkled.
Page 2 of 2<12