Is Trump ahead of Romney?

Page 2 of 3<123>
March 6th, 2016 at 7:07:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
That is part of the thing. RINOs never win because they cannot sell themselves. .

Isn't Trump a RINO
Is he really pro business?
Its an international economy
45% tariff on goods imported from China is horrible for the economy

http://www.wallstreetdaily.com/2016/03/05/donald-trump-u-s-global-trade/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 6th, 2016 at 8:13:48 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Same as on the left, Obama had a good personality that enough people liked to get them excited. Even Bill Clinton never got a majority of the population to vote for him.

One for Paco... When was the last president to get over 50% of the electorate vote? As many people stay home.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
March 6th, 2016 at 8:53:39 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: TheCesspit
One for Paco... When was the last president to get over 50% of the electorate vote? As many people stay home.

I realize what AZD meant now... Clinton only got 43 and 49% of the popular vote by turnout (in 1992 there was a significant Ross Perot vote). I don't think any president has ever got 50%+ of the eligible electorate. There hasn't be a greater that 66% turnout since 1900.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_elections_by_popular_vote_margin
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
March 6th, 2016 at 10:51:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
I realize what AZD meant now... Clinton only got 43 and 49% of the popular vote by turnout (in 1992 there was a significant Ross Perot vote). I don't think any president has ever got 50%+ of the eligible electorate. There hasn't be a greater that 66% turnout since 1900.

Perot got about 18% in 1992 and might have gotten 25% had it not been for his disaster of a VP choice as well as dropping out then getting back in. Bush had lost the nation's confidence and was running as a guy who looked like he wanted to finish his bit and retire. Clinton had a load of baggage and it was the opinion of most that the 43% he got was as low as a Democrat could sink at the time.

2012 is the first time I remember turnout falling in raw numbers. Will be interesting to see if 2016 follows this trend. If Trump gets the GOP I figure record turnout again, if not then just average.
The President is a fink.
March 6th, 2016 at 11:21:03 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Perot got about 18% in 1992 and might have gotten 25% had it not been for his disaster of a VP choice as well as dropping out then getting back in. Bush had lost the nation's confidence and was running as a guy who looked like he wanted to finish his bit and retire. Clinton had a load of baggage and it was the opinion of most that the 43% he got was as low as a Democrat could sink at the time.

2012 is the first time I remember turnout falling in raw numbers. Will be interesting to see if 2016 follows this trend. If Trump gets the GOP I figure record turnout again, if not then just average.

Numbers have grown between 1996 and 2008 (49% ->58%). They fell down from the late 60's until the late 90's saw an upswing.

Yeah, I think Trump/Clinton or Trump/Sanders would grow the voting numbers. Clinton/Any Other Republican won't.

Those numbers are lower than the UK and Canada's turnout -- 58% would be an all time low in Canada (2008) and the UK (2001). Generally, they hit around 66% voter numbers for the main elections. I don't know what the effect is to have a those few points lower down there.
March 6th, 2016 at 5:00:39 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Perot got about 18% in 1992 and might have gotten 25% had it not been for his disaster of a VP choice as well as dropping out then getting back in.
The dropping out is what killed his chances, I suspect Trump will do the same.

Perot's running mate Pat Choate is a brilliant economist, as was William Black under Bush, and Paul Craig Roberts under Reagan, and wrote a book called 'Japan, agents of influence'. He told of how many treasury's Japan held at the time only surpassed in the last 3 years by China. That bought them a lot of trade deals.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/12/15/ross-perots-96-running-mate-has-some-trade-advice-for-donald-trump/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 6th, 2016 at 5:30:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
The dropping out is what killed his chances, I suspect Trump will do the same.

It hurt him bad, but his VP choice put the nail in the coffin. He was just awful at the debate. SNL had great cold-open lampooning him.
The President is a fink.
March 7th, 2016 at 5:55:41 AM permalink
terapined
It hurt him bad, but his VP choice put the nail in the coffin. He was just awful at the debate. SNL had great cold-open lampooning him.

Speaking of debates
I love the Huff post headline regarding last nites Dem Debate

"DETAILS, NOT DICKS"
:-)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 16th, 2016 at 3:46:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Trump is already showing he is not afraid to win. Hard to imagine the establishment having the guts to put this out.

The President is a fink.
March 16th, 2016 at 4:00:39 PM permalink
terapined
Trump is already showing he is not afraid to win.

Huh????????
So at one time he was afraid to win???????
He definitely cant handle being called small hands
Putin has to really be laughing it up about that.
Cmon, an alpha male unsecure about his manhood lol
Page 2 of 3<123>