1 vote (20%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (40%)
No votes (0%)

5 members have voted

March 7th, 2016 at 11:05:00 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
After tomorrow, Marco Rubio faces his last week of decision making. If he pulls his name off the Florida ballot next week, he can still run for his current position as Florida's Senator. Under florida state law, you can't appear on the ballot twice in one year.

He has said he won't do that, but you would expect him to say that while he is running.

He's not polling as number one in Florida, but even if he did win, it is unlikely he could parlay that into anything higher than 3rd place.

Delegates count
384 Trump
300 Cruz
151 Rubio
37 Kasich

Tomorrow's Delegates
Hawaii March 8 19
Idaho March 8 32
Michigan March 8 59
Mississippi March 8 40

Florida Republican Presidential Primary Gravis
Trump 45, Rubio 25, Cruz 15, Kasich 10,

There are three declared candidates for governor of Puerto Rico (pop 3.5 million). That may not seem like much of a prize after running for POTUS.

Popular Democratic Party
David Bernier, former Secretary of State of Puerto Rico and former President of the Puerto Rico Olympic Committee
New Progressive Party
Pedro Pierluisi, Resident Commissioner of Puerto Rico
Ricky Rosselló, activist, political commentator, and son of former governor Pedro Rosselló
March 7th, 2016 at 11:32:56 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Trump has a huge leads in MI, MS, and a moderate
lead in ID. He still has a huge lead in FL, if you
disregard the 'poll' done by the superpac out to
get him. It will be a literal miracle for Rubio to
win there. I have a friend in FL who says in
every commercial break, there are 4 anti Trump
ads. It might work, people might abandon
Trump. If that happens, expect millions to be
dumped into every big state the week before their
primary.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 7th, 2016 at 12:08:53 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Evenbob
Trump has a huge leads in MI, MS, and a moderate lead in ID. He still has a huge lead in FL,

Well it still seems sensible for Rubio to quit now, get re-elected Senator and try for Florida governor in two years.
March 7th, 2016 at 12:11:50 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
Well it still seems sensible for Rubio to quit now, get re-elected Senator and try for Florida governor in two years.

Or he could get re-elected to the Senate and then in 4 years, if Trump wins the presidency, run as a Democrat.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 7th, 2016 at 12:18:16 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
I have a friend in FL who says in
every commercial break, there are 4 anti Trump
ads..

I'm in Florida
Usually its 2 ads in a row
A pro Marco Rubio ad paid for by Team Rubio
Then an anti-Trump ad will play immediately next paid for by a super pac
hmm,
they seem connected naturally playing one after another but by law, the pac has to be separate from the campaign
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 7th, 2016 at 12:34:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
Well it still seems sensible for Rubio to quit now, .

The people who control his puppet strings
won't let him. They could care less about
his future, he's the only hope they have
right now. Trump and Cruz are so odious
to the moneyed power that they'll hold
onto Rubio till the bitter end. He will have
a very bad day tomorrow, lets see what
happens then. ID even has Trump in
double digits now.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 7th, 2016 at 5:12:25 PM permalink
Pacomartin

Pretty funny.
March 9th, 2016 at 7:02:31 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Well Bernie Saunders now has 42% of the delegates that have been decided by polls and caucuses. If he continues at that percentage, Hillary will fall short of clinching the nomination by 25 votes by May 17th (Kentucky and Oregon). She may clinch it in Puerto Rico on June 5th (60 delegates), or the final days June 7th (California, New Jersey and four smaller states).
I think it will be a great psychological victory if he pushes her to the last day of primaries. If she is arrested then he could be in. In either case he should probably get a high level cabinet position for his final retirement job.

Trump is still averaging around 36% of popular vote (although he had 38% in Michigan, 43% in Hawaii, and 48% in Mississippi).

Trump is outpolling Kasich in Ohio and Rubio in Florida with Cruz a distant third in both states.

Under the assumption that the anti-Trump sentiment is stronger than the Pro-Cruz sentiment, it seems like Cruz has a decent chance of either winning or at least preventing Trump from reaching 1237 delegates if Rubio and Kasich quit this week. It doesn't look like that will happen as both of them want a shot at their home state.

Delegates: Trump=458, Cruz=359, Rubio=151, Kasich=54
March 9th, 2016 at 8:43:10 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I can't stand it any longer, please someone tell me that Trump will not be the Republican nominee! Is it still possible that someone, anyone can upset him?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 9th, 2016 at 8:45:30 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
I can't stand it any longer, please someone tell me that Trump will not be the Republican nominee! Is it still possible that someone, anyone can upset him?

Have you got something against Hillary?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 1 of 212>