Clue Game 7

Page 7 of 7« First<4567
March 22nd, 2016 at 4:45:50 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: beachbumbabs
taking all their disproves together (and eliminating what else you knew because of what they COULDN'T disprove) that accounted for all their disproves

well, certainly it becomes clear once you've played much you have to focus first on "couldn't disprove" and match it up with the "can disprove" to probe into the murky darkness, but I have learned a lot playing these games to improve my game [nothing to show for it!]

I learned a trick from you way back when, and now one from Miplet. I did have a feeling that just maybe I was missing something. Now I have to ponder if there is still more out there to know LOL

It's gotten to the point there's no point in playing if you think you'll be tired or something, a player needs to do his due diligence or forget it.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 22nd, 2016 at 4:48:47 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Will there be an 8th game?

When I had the idea to try to play here, I was looking for something to get through the usual boring 'cabin fever' stretches in the winter. Wasn't planning to keep going. Now I wonder if we'll have games year-round.
March 22nd, 2016 at 6:36:22 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: odiousgambit
Will there be an 8th game?

When I had the idea to try to play here, I was looking for something to get through the usual boring 'cabin fever' stretches in the winter. Wasn't planning to keep going. Now I wonder if we'll have games year-round.

I would guess there's enough interest, especially with miplet's apps if he's willing to keep them going. He would have to generate a fresh draw and assign characters each time as it stands now.

Now that there can be dummy players, too, I think it might be a better game if we use the 7 players, 8 weapons, 9 rooms format, even without 7 playing. I think people are sophisticated enough to appreciate the harder solve, and it helps smooth out the rank order advantage that we think may exist.

I also liked the idea the Wizard had, with an appointment game, where it moves right along in a single evening. miplet's app helps expedite that as well, and there can be chatter between players adding some fun as well. We could schedule one and see if it catches on that way.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 22nd, 2016 at 6:57:03 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: beachbumbabs
I would guess there's enough interest, especially with miplet's apps if he's willing to keep them going. He would have to generate a fresh draw and assign characters each time as it stands now.

Now that there can be dummy players, too, I think it might be a better game if we use the 7 players, 8 weapons, 9 rooms format, even without 7 playing. I think people are sophisticated enough to appreciate the harder solve, and it helps smooth out the rank order advantage that we think may exist.

I also liked the idea the Wizard had, with an appointment game, where it moves right along in a single evening. miplet's app helps expedite that as well, and there can be chatter between players adding some fun as well. We could schedule one and see if it catches on that way.

Adding a 7th player and 2 weapons will require some programming changes. Just in the setting up script, so it won't take too long.
I also want to make it so anyone else can set one up, but that will require more changes as I manually add in players and passwords.
I've made some minor changes already: After your move, instead of copying and pasting everything in the thread, you can click a button and it will put everything in a post for you (like if you clicked the preview button). Just add any comments then post. Same thing for the PM the card that was shown part. And clicking on the board goes to the games homepage.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
March 22nd, 2016 at 7:30:01 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I'm up for game 8.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 24th, 2016 at 5:53:02 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: miplet
Adding a 7th player and 2 weapons will require some programming changes.

I'd like to suggest that if more than six people are interested, we have two games going at the same time. Perhaps some people will play in both of them.

Time to update the scoreboard. I see a new leader has emerged.

Player Score Game 1 Game 2 Game 3 Game 4 Game 5 Game 6 Game 7
wizard 5 -1 -1 4 -1 4
miplet 3 3 -1 -1 4 -1 -1
rxwine 3 -1 5 -1
TheCesspit 2 -1 6 -1 -1 -1
beachbumbabs 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 5 -1
pacomartin -1 -1
azduffman -2 -1 -1
odiousgambit -5 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
FrGamble -5 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 24th, 2016 at 5:56:59 AM permalink
odiousgambit
someone has to take Michael down before he becomes "the Wizard of Clue"

I'll start a new thread, maybe we can play by the weekend. I think we already have enough but we always give a chance to sign up
Page 7 of 7« First<4567