Sanders’s Nordic-style policies might sound nice, but..

Page 3 of 3<123
March 20th, 2016 at 1:08:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
But if I want to reach into YOUR pocket to help my neighbor Bob, you should want to defend the life you sacrificed, you should want to tell me to f#$% off,

How the heck did I get involved in this.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 20th, 2016 at 1:13:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face

I wrote in the Thief thread how I view money as life, in a way. We sacrifice our time, our life, in return for this thing of value. That's always been strange to me, as "value" doesn't seem to make sense. The guy at the DPW makes $2X p/hr, and he's in charge of the water. The most important good we must receive, and without this guy or crew of guys, you don't have it. 3-5 days without it, you die. Guy over here catches a ball real good. He works 100 minutes a year and makes $10mm. First guy works 20-30 years and hopefully has enough of a net to survive. Second guy works 7 years and is awash in luxury. Never made sense.

It might be time for me to do a "what is money" thread. Money is so common we do not think about it. Yet it is one of the most misunderstood things in our daily life.
The President is a fink.
March 20th, 2016 at 4:22:03 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: AZDuffman
It might be time for me to do a "what is money" thread. Money is so common we do not think about it. Yet it is one of the most misunderstood things in our daily life.
How about a thread on how wealth is created. That would include "what is money". I fear most people have no idea what makes the world go round.
March 20th, 2016 at 4:24:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: pew
How about a thread on how wealth is created. That would include "what is money". I fear most people have no idea what makes the world go round.

Well, at the moment I was just thinking "money" in the form of what we use. I did a couple posts I don't remember when on central banking and where it came from, but just the bills we hold. Heck, I'm bored watching Netflix so why not.
The President is a fink.
March 20th, 2016 at 5:13:14 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman
Well, at the moment I was just thinking "money" in the form of what we use. I did a couple posts I don't remember when on central banking and where it came from, but just the bills we hold. Heck, I'm bored watching Netflix so why not.

Heck.
Let us combine the two activities.
Discuss the use of shells as a store of value and show lots of naked native women.
Discuss the persistent value of the Krone and show lots of naked Scandinavian women.
Discuss the Icelandic Bank Failure and economic upheaval and show lots of those naked terroristic Icelandic women.
Discuss gold and show naked Eskimo women.
We can make it a Netflix eight episode special with an intermediate commercial for my culinary services. Surely it will be a commercial success.
Page 3 of 3<123