Stay at home vacation...

Page 2 of 2<12
March 28th, 2016 at 2:03:05 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: petroglyph
Have you considered being a tour guide? With your mastery of english, I would think your knowledge of the area would be in demand? Get paid to go back and visit the ruins and museums.

What I'd need to charge for getting me there again would be prohibitive, even with the lopsided exchange rate :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 29th, 2016 at 1:52:56 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I hear the actual exchange rate between the Peso and the Argintinian dollar is quite favorable.

Lots of BBQ stuff there. Many "restaurants" in the larger cities are private homes surviving by cooking for those who pay in better currencies.
March 30th, 2016 at 7:12:58 PM permalink
Nareed
I thought I might do a short aviation enthusiast trip. IN this case it would mean to fly to and/or from an airport/s I've never been too, on a plane I've never flown, preferably on an airline I've never flown. Maybe spend the day or part of the day and then return home.

But I'm finding it hard to pick a place I care to visit.

I could take TAR on an ERJ-145 at Queretaro, which kills three birds in one shot, but there are no interesting places to go (Monterrey and Guadalajara). The other options to try for airports are Cuernavaca and Puebla.

I might still take a flight from Queretaro to Monterrey just to be able to do a flight report for an aviation blog or something, and for the hell of it.

Well, that takes care of one day :)
April 1st, 2016 at 7:47:30 AM permalink
Nareed
I was supposed to begin my not-quite-a-vacation today.

But then work began to pile up, and we're still two people short on the department, so I have to postpone for next week.

Damn.
April 9th, 2016 at 10:19:29 AM permalink
Nareed
That big project I postponed my vacation for a week for? It fell through.

Not only did I postpone my time off, but I also spent about 3/4 of last week working on it. All for nothing.
April 9th, 2016 at 12:39:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You're at home, so you could still be on vacation?

: )
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 3rd, 2016 at 6:55:10 AM permalink
Nareed
I'm back in Hell as we speak. Fortunately there doesn't seem to be too much work piled up...

I had a good, relaxing time. I cooked a great deal (mostly breakfast), I learned a few things I didn't know about Word (some of which may even have an actual use), and I managed to work out at least 5 times per week.

I wrote a great deal, too. Unfortunately I wound up discarding 99% of it. I suffered the worst kind of writer's block: production of terrible writing. I "finished" "Ours," then looked at it again the next day and couldn't believe I'd done that to my story. So I deleted most of it and tried again. And then the same thing happened.

The good news is I did manage to re-write some earlier parts I wasn't satisfied with, and to edit the rest. The bad news is I added perhaps 350 words to what I had.

Towards the end, I realized what part of the problem was, therefore I now know what to do. The bad news is that work will get in the way... We'll see.
May 3rd, 2016 at 11:12:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Vera Nabokov was said to have kept Vladimir from burning his own work several times.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 3rd, 2016 at 11:16:11 AM permalink
Nareed
Asimov maintained you could tell a real writer by the presence of a waste basket in their office :)
Page 2 of 2<12