3 votes (33.33%)
1 vote (11.11%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (11.11%)

9 members have voted

March 16th, 2022 at 9:08:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Put blinking LED lights on your pre-schoolers and send em out in the dark.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 16th, 2022 at 9:12:16 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Or become a breeder, have lots of kids, raise 'em indifferently and slipshod so that they're likely to get hit: that way you can live the life of Riley on the proceeds of several wrongful death settlements or verdicts.

It'll keep mom and dad off of welfare.
March 16th, 2022 at 9:47:09 AM permalink
rxwine
When I was growing up there were no predators snatching kids away on their walk to school. At least I never heard about it. So...must not have happened.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 16th, 2022 at 10:01:35 AM permalink
missedhervee
Back in my day we walked to school, rain or shine; if the roads were covered with ice we'd wrap barbed wire around our boots for traction and we liked it.

Back in my day ...
March 16th, 2022 at 10:40:02 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee
Back in my day we walked to school, rain or shine; if the roads were covered with ice we'd wrap barbed wire around our boots for traction and we liked it.

Back in my day ...

As a kid we had to wear bread wrappers over our feet to keep the snow from penetrating our socks. Seriously, bread wrappers.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 16th, 2022 at 11:53:41 AM permalink
missedhervee
The bit about barbed wire was BS, but this is true: I did walk to elementary school, rain or shine.

Back then we wore leather shoes, not sneakers, and to protect them on rainy days we slipped "rubbers" over them.

"Rubbers" were pure rubber mini-boots in the size and shape of the shoe.

"Rubbers:" that word has taken on a whole new meaning; today imagine if mom said "Mr. V, are you wearing your rubbers?"
March 16th, 2022 at 12:11:39 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
In addition to the sixty million kids traveling to school in the dark, another 115 million trucks and cars will be on the roads in the dark as people travel to work.

A lot of people are going to get killed.
March 16th, 2022 at 12:22:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Had to look into the reasoning behind it.

Experts who testified before the subcommittee in a hearing last week urged lawmakers to make the change.

"Simply put, darkness kills. And darkness in the evening is far deadlier than darkness in the morning," University of Washington professor Steve Calandrillo said. "The evening rush hour is twice as fatal as the morning for various reasons — far more people are on the road, more alcohol is in drivers' bloodstream, people are hurrying to get home, and more children are enjoying outdoor, unsupervised play."
March 16th, 2022 at 12:37:30 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Had to look into the reasoning behind it.

Experts who testified before the subcommittee in a hearing last week urged lawmakers to make the change.

"Simply put, darkness kills. And darkness in the evening is far deadlier than darkness in the morning," University of Washington professor Steve Calandrillo said. "The evening rush hour is twice as fatal as the morning for various reasons — far more people are on the road, more alcohol is in drivers' bloodstream, people are hurrying to get home, and more children are enjoying outdoor, unsupervised play."

I totaled my car on my way to work one morning in 2012. It was a bright and sunny morning. There was a line of semitrucks in the right lane of the freeway that I was trying to merge into. The car in front of me seemed to panic about all the semis and hit their brakes instead of speeding up and merging and I slammed into them.

Moral of the story: screw daylight.

The one positive was that I was driving a used Ford Taurus at the time and the insurance company gave me more money than I had even paid for it originally.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 16th, 2022 at 1:49:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: ams288
I totaled my car on my way to work one morning in 2012. It was a bright and sunny morning. There was a line of semitrucks in the right lane of the freeway that I was trying to merge into. The car in front of me seemed to panic about all the semis and hit their brakes instead of speeding up and merging and I slammed into them.

Moral of the story: screw daylight.

The one positive was that I was driving a used Ford Taurus at the time and the insurance company gave me more money than I had even paid for it originally.

Some drivers need daylight in order to hit what they're aiming at.
Page 5 of 7« First<234567>