stealing the nomination from Trump

Page 7 of 10« First<45678910>
June 1st, 2016 at 11:31:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
How many Benghazi hearings did they finally get up to with Hillary -- 8,9?

Trumps under the national spotlight just like Hillary. He'll be scrutinized down to his last hair follicle.

I'd never say he's not smart, but he easily makes the mistake some smart people make. Thinking they're too smart for anyone to catch them at any hijinks.

Sounds more and more like he has more baggage than a luggage factory.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 2nd, 2016 at 5:02:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob

The only answer is, Trump and his lawyers are
really stupid, or it's not a scam. Hmm, I
think I'm going with the latter.

Did you check with John Miller?
lol
John miller is not that smart :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 2nd, 2016 at 6:55:19 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
Trumps under the national spotlight just like Hillary. He'll be scrutinized down to his last hair follicle.

If it were found that he's been molesting little boys, trafficking sex slaves, and stealing money from charities, his supporters would redouble their devotion to him.

Quote:
I'd never say he's not smart, but he easily makes the mistake some smart people make.

He's smart in one of the worst possible ways: he's really good at manipulating people who can help him. In other words, he's a parasite.

And at the risk of another suspension, anyone who supports giving Trump any responsibilities past his own affairs is an effing moron.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 2nd, 2016 at 7:38:34 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Evenbob
It's interesting that if it was a scam, and Trump
and his expensive lawyers knew that it could be
easily proved in court, why didn't Trump settle?
The people suing wanted a settlement and
Trump refused. So I have to wonder, considering
that Trump and his super expensive lawyers
aren't stupid, what could they be up to. It
can still be settled at any time in the process,
with a gag order placed on the details.

The only answer is, Trump and his lawyers are
really stupid, or it's not a scam. Hmm, I
think I'm going with the latter.

This article is the most detailed, in-depth one I could find on Trump University. I admit it's from a liberal source, but if you're looking for a right-wing critique, this other article is good too.

The students were all just marks, and the "professors" followed a phoney script ("I had dinner with Mr. Trump last night"). The professors were compensated based upon how many upsells to the $35,000 Gold Elite package they sold.
June 2nd, 2016 at 10:01:02 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Clearly Trump won't settle, as he believes legalling court hoops will make it all go away. Settling makes him look weak, and a scammer.

The Trump 'University' has every single hallmark of a real estate 'scam'. It's the same as 101 other one's you can see everyday online. As only 3 people have come forward happy with the results, it's clearly either a terrible product, or a really good product for extracting money from the gullible.

Much like many of Trump's products.

But the alpha-male lovers will sit there and tell us how wonderful he is for taking charge and looking like a commander. It's all a sales act, folks, all a sales act. All his headline policies are things he knows he can't deliver, and are just talking points. If most other candidates made such claims, they'd be laughed right out of the building by the right-wing commentators. But it's TRUMP. He's an alpha male. He can't be selling us a pig-in-a-poke.

Except, that's what he does. He upsells, often a decent product as a luxury one, but sometimes a pile of tat as a great product.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 2nd, 2016 at 11:38:22 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: TheCesspit
But the alpha-male lovers will sit there and tell us how wonderful he is for taking charge and looking like a commander.

I think "alpha male" is code.

Come on. The man is an effete cry-baby and bully. You'd have to be high, drunk and brain damaged in order to think he's an alpha anything.

So I see two choices: 1) A lot of people regard bullying as the be-all, end-all "alpha male" quality or 2) "alpha male" is code for white American supremacy.
June 2nd, 2016 at 12:20:44 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Nareed
Come on. The man is an effete cry-baby and bully. You'd have to be high, drunk and brain damaged in order to think he's an alpha anything.

Did you watch any of the debates? Trump's a great actor, and the character he plays is Mr. Tough Guy. Standing on the same stage as Trump, the other candidates (especially Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, John Kasich, Lindsey Graham) came across as nerdy policy wonks boring us with their tax plans.

It's true that Trump is EXTREMELY thin-skinned, in fact his thin skin would be downright dangerous if he made it to the White House. But most bullies are insecure & weak under the Tough Guy facade.
June 2nd, 2016 at 1:05:20 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: reno
Did you watch any of the debates?

I try not to.

But it's hard to miss them completely.

The best summary for the GOP debates is to quote from Futurama's "Anthology of Interest I": "You cannot unwatch it!"
June 2nd, 2016 at 1:10:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
CNN Poll of Polls: Two Points Separate Clinton and Trump

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/01/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-poll-2016/

Just a short time ago she was so far
ahead. What could have gone wrong.

"If Trump continues to win most Republicans and Sanders supporters continue to hold out even after Clinton clinches the nomination, Trump has a real shot of winning in November."

fivethirtyeight.com
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 2nd, 2016 at 1:36:37 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Nareed
...But it's hard to miss them completely.
By god if I can, I know you can. I have still accidentally seen less than ten total minutes of this campaign. I guess that makes me a bit ignorant, I will just have to learn to live with it?

Quote:
"You cannot unwatch it!"
That is just frightening. It reminds me of kids telling each other horror stories at campouts, to scare each other into staying awake.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 7 of 10« First<45678910>