Sprint calls T-Mobile 'ghetto' in exceptionally tasteless ad

Page 3 of 3<123
April 18th, 2016 at 12:20:29 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: petroglyph
My kid gifted me an intelligent phone which as the AT&T plan and I like it, but down in that part of the country, Verizon blows the doors off AT&T for reception, and the tracfone I let expire with 1100 minutes on it after years of buying a year at a time. Phones just hate me for some reason.

There are Tracfones that use AT&T towers, and some the use Verizon. There are also Tracfones that use T-Mobile or Sprint . The company has been around for 16 years, so it is basically a conglomerate of standards marketed under one name.

Verizon Prepaid sells a plan for $30 a month for unlimited talk and text when not roaming. Verizon Prepaid has some limitations over Verizon Postpaid (click on Prepaid on the map) and look at Prepaid roaming areas mostly in Kentucky, Missouri, rural Texas, Puerto Rico, etc. But all of urban USA is covered.
http://vzwmap.verizonwireless.com/dotcom/coveragelocator/default.aspx?zip

You can usually get the same coverage from a Verizon MVNO like Total Wireless, for $25. Since my mother never goes over 300 minutes a month, I got her a Verizon Prepaid plan for $15 a month.

If you are concerned about those rural places or Puerto Rico where Verizon Prepaid has a roaming charge, you can get Verizon Postpaid starting at $50 a month (+ taxes and fees) but you also get some data. As of last November, there is almost no Verizon Postpaid plans that comes without data. If you are just a talker, they pretty much want you to move to Prepaid.
April 18th, 2016 at 11:21:55 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Pacomartin
http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/12/11418642/sprint-calls-tmobile-ghetto-exceptionally-tasteless-ad

Tasteless?
The question is 'is it an effective ad'?

A few years ago I posted a video entitled 'first kiss' that had gone Ultra Viral on its own merits and most viewers did not know, or care, that they were watching a commercial for a Los Angeles clothing vendor specializing in the black and white styles that were featured.

Or consider the SoHo coffee shop wherein a man and woman have an argument over coffee spilled onto her computer and as she yells 'Get Away From Me" accompanied by a shoving gesture, the stuntman is pulled back a few feet and lifted several feet off the floor and seeming pinned against the wall by her "powers". Then she aims her hands at the tables as they too begin to move and as she screams books being to fall from shelves to the utter amazement of other customers who are dropping plates, screaming, running, etc. This video went Ultra Viral and was actually a publicity shot for the Re-gurgitation of the movie, Carrie.

Success of an offensive ad is measured by how much time and money the victim has to spend to remove the mud which suddenly sticks endlessly.
February 23rd, 2017 at 11:03:20 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Fleastiff
Tasteless?
The question is 'is it an effective ad'?

The possible merger of T-Mobile and Sprint means that they have short memories about advertisements.
February 23rd, 2017 at 12:44:31 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
K mart closing Bought a Virgin phone for $9.99 and a $30 card. Thought could use it to buy minutes HATE cell phones , carry one because of Josie. $20 a month, monthly service only WTF Live and learn
Page 3 of 3<123