No votes (0%)
2 votes (22.22%)

9 members have voted

May 19th, 2016 at 6:52:23 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: ams288
Michele won.... the only one no one voted for in the poll here.

I liked the final twist of voting out a jury member. She made the correct choice of voting out Neil.

Overall I'd say this was a "meh" season. It took a long time till I really cared about what was going on.

Tai's blindside of the two A-holes was the highlight of the season.

I agree it was a "meh" season. The winner was not very deserving, that I could tell. The medical interventions did provide some good drama.

BTW, is it just me, or does Tai look like Emperor Herohito?

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 19th, 2016 at 9:13:52 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Wizard
...t it will be sweet to win my mother's money.
Good luck collecting that debt... I think you lose even if you win.
May 19th, 2016 at 4:27:42 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Surprised she won to be honest. I thought she was the least deserving of the final three. I was very surprised that Tai's gameplay wasn't at all respected. I thought he did a few things to show he had played a good game and to not get a single vote was a bit baffling. Great twist with the voting or of the jury member. I hope they keep that in as a regular part of the game.

It was a nice gesture by that singer to come up and give Tai the money. Needs a new hairstyle though. I initially thought that Cousin It from the Addams Family was making an appearance.
May 19th, 2016 at 4:36:48 PM permalink
Aussie
May 19th, 2016 at 4:52:45 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Was that the same singer who was the musical guest when Donald Trump was hosting Saturday Night Live?
May 19th, 2016 at 5:33:29 PM permalink
Aussie
I'm not too sure. I had never heard of her before last night but that be more of a reflection of how up to date I keep with modern music. Her name is Sia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sia_Furler
May 19th, 2016 at 8:31:26 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Aussie
I'm not too sure. I had never heard of her before last night but that be more of a reflection of how up to date I keep with modern music. Her name is Sia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sia_Furler

She's an Aussie and famous for not showing her face... though she was quite public in the past. Her big hit was 'Chandelier', and she seems to have affinity for using Maddie Ziegler in her videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
May 24th, 2016 at 6:29:53 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Anybody watch the Survivor themed Price is Right last night? Nothing especially exciting happened but it was well done. This is the first I've seen of the male model. I recall being vehemently opposed to the idea, but I must admit that he seemed to play the role well.

Question -- Who was the well-endowed Asian woman in the section of former players? She was never called but sat in the front row of that section. Must have been from one of the seasons I missed, which were roughly 15 to 25.

May 24th, 2016 at 7:42:19 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Wizard
Anybody watch the Survivor themed Price is Right last night? Nothing especially exciting happened but it was well done. This is the first I've seen of the male model. I recall being vehemently opposed to the idea, but I must admit that he seemed to play the role well.

Question -- Who was the well-endowed Asian woman in the section of former players? She was never called but sat in the front row of that section. Must have been from one of the seasons I missed, which were roughly 15 to 25.

I totally forgot to watch it - I wonder if it is available on VOD.

I've only missed one season of Survivor - it was about 10 years ago when they divided the tribes by race. I remember there was a lot of controversy over that. That didn't offend me. I watched the first few episodes and it just turned out to be an extremely boring season so I tuned out.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 24th, 2016 at 3:38:16 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: ams288
I totally forgot to watch it - I wonder if it is available on VOD.

I wouldn't go out of your way. It was like a regular PiR but with all fans, and former contestants were matched to them to give advice. I recall WOO gave advice to cause his contestant to lose a car. Another contestant won $25,000 on Punch a Bunch. Jeff Probst was hanging around and making some jokes, like "The wheel has spoken," when a contestant was eliminated from the Showcase Showdown.

Quote:
I've only missed one season of Survivor - it was about 10 years ago when they divided the tribes by race. I remember there was a lot of controversy over that. That didn't offend me. I watched the first few episodes and it just turned out to be an extremely boring season so I tuned out.

I never knew they did that! Shows what an awful fan I am. It would have bothered me a little, to be honest.
Page 3 of 4<1234>