Two Gods or One

Page 32 of 32« First<29303132

Thread Rating:

June 9th, 2016 at 11:53:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Hey brother did you ever think that you are just asking the same tired questions.

Oh, it's me, not you. I never thought
of that. Nice defense, real original.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 12th, 2016 at 3:31:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Where is FrG's take on the shooting today.
Is the Church saying it's because they were
Gay that they got gods wrath? The Church
is just as homophobic on gay sex acts as
Islam is.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 12th, 2016 at 3:38:00 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
Where is FrG's take on the shooting today.
Is the Church saying it's because they were
Gay that they got gods wrath? The Church
is just as homophobic on gay sex acts as
Islam is.
Well I think that would be the Calvinists you're thinking of.
June 12th, 2016 at 4:07:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: pew
Well I think that would be the Calvinists you're thinking of.

Yahweh is the same god of the Church
and Islam, the OT god. FrG says Yahweh
talks to him. How do we know Yahweh
wasn't telling this Muslim guy to go and
punish the Gays for disobeying him. He
did it all the time in the OT for a lot less.

It's all confusing when you're an atheist.
FrG thinks god talks to him, maybe the
Muslim thought the same god was talking
to him.
June 12th, 2016 at 5:48:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob

It's all confusing when you're an atheist.
FrG thinks god talks to him, maybe the
Muslim thought the same god was talking
to him.

I'd have to have FrGamble recite his "evidence" for God just to make sure I'm not getting it wrong, but from what I perceive his evidence involves much of the same. That is making untestable claims.

But when you claim evidence that is not really evidence, that's where you will end up.

They both twist the world to support their more baffling claims, which is completely backwards. Bible believers may not do as many somersaults and contortions as Islamists twisting things their way, but they're are doing enough that they can hardly claim to be better critical thinkers.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 12th, 2016 at 5:56:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine

But when you claim evidence that is not really evidence

FrG has flat out said to me more
than once that god talking to
him should be evidence enough
for an atheist to believe in god. If
you do believe him, you also have
to believe the same god of the OT,
Yahweh, was speaking to the killer.
I mean, what he did is straight out
of the OT vengeance stuff that Yahweh
did all the time. Yahweh hates Gays
worse than anything.
June 12th, 2016 at 6:53:16 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I'm just sick. I'm sick of Evenbob and his willfully mistaken understanding of everything I say and his insulting posts. I am even more sick though of the violence and hatred in the world. Evenbob had the audacity to suggest or allude to the idiotic idea that I would somehow support this recent evil act of terrorism. He also dares to say that YHWH hates Gays worse than anything. I am a turn the other cheek kind of guy but if he would have said that in my presence I'm not sure what I would have done.

For the record I believe in a God who died as a victim of violence. A God who showed how truly ugly, stupid, and useless it truly is. A God who willingly did this to make us face and confront the reality of evil and violence to reject it. A God who then turns this violence on its head by transforming it into the ultimate victory of mankind over violence and evil. Jesus proclaims by His Resurrection that evil will NEVER have the last word and that ultimate justice awaits those who attack and kill innocents, like He Himself was.

Another thing I have never said that my personal and real relationship with Jesus Christ should be enough for an atheist to believe. Rather I present it as evidence in the nature of a personal testimony and that the only way an atheist will ever come to belief is experiencing this same personal relationship with God. We can provide all the evidence of science, logic, philosophy, etc. as to why by far the most reasonable explanation to the cause of the universe as we observe it today is the reality of God, but ultimately logic will not convert the heart even if it is acknowledged by the brain. Things like what happened today is more evidence that our world desperately needs Jesus Christ and His message of love and non-violence.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 12th, 2016 at 9:09:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
I'm just sick. I'm sick of Evenbob and his willfully mistaken understanding of everything I say

Yup, on days like this I get really angry
at the god people and I take it out on
god people. Atheists always get the
bad rap, but you don't see us strapping
on suicide vests and shooting 120
people in the name of not believing
in a deity. Only genuine god people
do that. So yeah, some days I think
you're all fricking nuts. Sorry to single
you out, you're the highest ranking
god person I know right now.
Page 32 of 32« First<29303132